Why become a member? ×

Quick Q. about Thomann

E_MaN

Check the item over very carefully, they sold me something as 'new' that clearly had been on demo and had accesories missing. Having said that the price was good, free postage over around £120 I think and you get a 3 year guarantee although it means sending it back to them.
The price they quote on their site is the price you pay, no duty.

PS They have some quite cheap tweed cases, worth getting one at the same time, then you don't pay postage.

Have bought loads of stuff from Thomann ...

- are by far the cheapest on almost everything (just do usual internet research/comparision)
- the price you see is what you pay .. no tax (vat or import)
- 30 dat money back guarantee (was gonna return on a cab but didn't keep original packaging, they will charge if you don't !)
- 3 year warranty (sent faulty amp back, they pay for collection/return & don't need original packaging ! but I'd still wait 30 days before you bin it !)

negative side .. probably putting UK retailers out of business !

I guess most of us on here are 'amateur' as in non-signed .. we all want the best (cheapest) price before we part with our hard earned cash !
Signed / endorsed artists probably get most of it for free ! Bass player I know (signed band) got given a £1600 Warwick .. never used it .. sold it for £900 but is mentioned on Warwick's website under 'artists' .. bet he hasn't bought any strings for 20 years either !

I *used* to just accept that they were the cheapest around for everything - but its still worth shopping around as a few things on their site seem to be priced a bit over the odds - eg £538 for a CIJ fender mustang bass, where everyone else can do one for £400.

The UK prices on their site aren't always accurate, so don't forget to work out the Uk price and factor in any currency conversion commission fee your credit card company will add on.

They don't like delivering to non-cardholder address even if you have placed a few previous orders, so everything has to be delivered to home rather than work, which can be a pain arranging for someone to be in.

[quote name='finnbass' post='124038' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:47 PM']These guys are worth checking out as well. Great prices and free UK delivery on orders over E150. I have bought a bass from them and had no difficulties.

They seem unbeatable for price on Mark Bass stuff as well.

[url="http://guitare.playback-europe.com/"]http://guitare.playback-europe.com/[/url][/quote]

Got to agree, Thomann are not the cheapest on everything now and I got my Mark Bass gear from Playback too

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='124022' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:25 PM']They don't like delivering to non-cardholder address even if you have placed a few previous orders, so everything has to be delivered to home rather than work, which can be a pain arranging for someone to be in.[/quote]

They always deliver to my workplace - I wonder why the inconsistency?

[quote name='barneythedog' post='124199' date='Jan 20 2008, 10:01 PM']on the subject of Markbass gear [url="http://www.bellusmusic.com/"]these[/url] may be worth a look[/quote]

Good price but I couldn't see any options for shipping outside Italy.

[quote name='craigjf1969' post='124040' date='Jan 20 2008, 06:55 PM']What sort of fees do the credit card companies charge for conversion???? :)[/quote]
Up to 2.75%, depending upon your credit/debit card provider. I recently got Nationwide credit and debit cards because they don't charge any commission (which is great for using the hole in the wall when you're abroad).