Why become a member? ×

Euphonic Audio Nl-210

I'm not sure about this yet (EDIT: I am sure about this!) but annoyingly I think the sound I was going for when I was shopping for a new cabinet wasn't the right one I had in mind...!

This is the first generation of the NL-210 cabinets. The only difference is that it is about 4-5lbs heavier and it doesn't have steel handles. Apart from that, sound wise and technicality wise it is identical to all the later NL-210's. It has been used about three or four times since I bought it pre-owned from Bass Direct - it's the best condition piece of used equipment I have ever bought, and I'd be amazed if the previous owner had ever even taken it out of their house as it really does look brand new. This is a very, very big sounding cabinet and the neutrality of sound is truly impressive. It really will reproduce what you put into it, and very accurately!

Basic specifications are:

Configuration: 2x10
Woofer: Proprietary EA Kevlar Neodymium woofers
Tweeter: 1" Phenolic Compression Driver
Frequency Response: 45Hz to 16kHz
Sensitivity: 100dB @ 1m
Sound Pressure: 127dB @ 1m
Power Handling: 500 watts
Impedance: 8 ohms
Connection Type: Two Speakon connectors
Handle: Two integrated handles
Size: 22.5"H x 17"W x 15"D
Weight: 44 lbs

I have now finally put up some half decent pictures done in natural sunlight! Albeit, still on a Blackberry. Any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask! My firm price is £450 and I will now probably be willing to entertain the idea of courier it at buyer's expense.

This cabinet can be collected from either Shoreham-by-Sea near Brighton, or from Strood in Kent.

Mike

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

What is it that you don't like about the sound? I have never heard one of these, but I get the feeling I might like it.
My big cab is currently a Marshall 7410 which I love, but it's loony heavy!

Any description you can give would help.

Cheers, Stuee.

[quote name='Stuee' post='1099725' date='Jan 23 2011, 03:21 PM']What is it that you don't like about the sound? I have never heard one of these, but I get the feeling I might like it.
My big cab is currently a Marshall 7410 which I love, but it's loony heavy!

Any description you can give would help.

Cheers, Stuee.[/quote]

Hi there Stuee!

Basically, I was looking at a lot of tweetered cabinets and for the ones that have a fairly wide frequency range. The NL-210 is a great cabinet because, interestingly, although it does go pretty high the tweeter goes up to about 14khz (which is not completely stratospheric). The tweeter can be had surprisingly high before things get a little 'too' much! A truly natural sounding cabinet - if you want a cabinet that'll reproduce what you put in very faithfully, this is what you want! The NL-210 also goes satisfyingly deep :) ! Not 'the' deepest 2x10 most likely, but in relative terms definitely one of the deeper ones.

I've been playing in groups such as a reggae band and an old school jazz/swing band, and in these contexts I then found that I wasn't using the tweeter a great deal. The great thing is that the speakers actually have a decent level of brightness, so the tweeter is fortunately a fairly optional thing. However, I have definitely come to the conclusion that something a bit more 'old school' (and probably something without a tweeter) would probably be my best bet :) this cab sits great in most styles of music, but when you're playing reggae (especially) you end up EQ'ing out so much of what the NL-210 does so well I then decided what I first had in mind probably wasn't right for me.

Hope this has helped you Stuee - if you've got any more questions, please don't be afraid to ask.

Mike

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

Indeed, Mike, food for thought. Sounds like you could do with some bigger speakers, perhaps a couple of 1x15s or maybe a 2x12 + 1x15. You need to shift a lot of air playing dub and reggae, so I can see why perhaps 2 small speakers aren't cutting it for you. Similarly, in jazz there isn't often a great demand for screaming trebles!

Regarding your cab, I'm juggling numbers and gear at the moment, but I really like the look of it and if I can I will at least make you an offer.

Thank you for taking the time to describe the cab. Maybe speak soon...

Cheers, Stuee.

[quote name='Stuee' post='1100622' date='Jan 24 2011, 12:01 PM']Indeed, Mike, food for thought. Sounds like you could do with some bigger speakers, perhaps a couple of 1x15s or maybe a 2x12 + 1x15. You need to shift a lot of air playing dub and reggae, so I can see why perhaps 2 small speakers aren't cutting it for you. Similarly, in jazz there isn't often a great demand for screaming trebles!

Regarding your cab, I'm juggling numbers and gear at the moment, but I really like the look of it and if I can I will at least make you an offer.

Thank you for taking the time to describe the cab. Maybe speak soon...

Cheers, Stuee.[/quote]

No problem Stuee! I had unfortunately joined the reggae band just after I got my cabinet, and I already knew straight away that it wouldn't be the right cabinet for that band! That's when I started to realise I may have made the wrong decision concerning suitability.

When you're ready, feel free to make an offer and we can go from there!

Thanks,

Mike