Why become a member? ×

Synthy Stuff

theotherphiljones

So, I love to hear synth pedals used. Some not so much but as a bass player there's much fun to be had. The only problem that I'm finding is that applying them in general music is difficult. On my own or jamming they sound awesome but including them as a part within a song is a different matter. I'm finding it difficult to use any of those far out sounds but would very much like to. Can people suggest tracks where they sound great? Apart from Prince, P-Funk, JK etc. Is there music out there where a nice synth bassline sits perfectly? Please help and help me extinguish these demons

Thanks

Nerve (Jojo Mayer's Nerve, not the punk band) - John Davis on bass

Miloopa (the album Unicode) - Bond on bass

Jamiroquai - Stu Zenders bass work

Roni Size - many recordings are programmer bass, but his band do it live (bassist with blonde dreads, not sure of his name) and it sounds just like the album work.

That's dubstep, ambient, electronica, pop and funk & hip hop genres covered with loads of synth bass...

Get listening!

Check out the demo recordings from my 'band' (link in my sig)... Everything that's not a drum beat there is played on bass.