Why become a member? ×

Sadly another musician/bassist passes away

warwickhunt

Saw them in 82-ish supporting AC/DC on the "For Those About To Rock" tour, playing all the stuff from "Black Tiger". Absolutely stunning show.... Saw them a couple of times in the States in the late eighties. Then a couple(?) of years back. Still had it. Only found out recently Phil was ill. Sad indeed :)

Edited by yorick

Not much of a shock as I knew he was desperately ill, but still very sad news

Me and a couple of mates met him a few years ago after a Y&T gig and a couple of things stuck in my mind:

1. He always looked huge on stage but that was more of a perspective thing – the rest of Y&T are dwarves!
2. He was indeed a lovely bloke – we drank and chatted with him for quite a bit (until they closed the bar in fact) and talked about everything from music to travel to how most Yanks just can’t get British humour (the rest of Y&T for a start)

I remember him laughing that he had been reduced to drinking Southern Comfort as he had already drank all of the rest of the dark spirits behind the bar!

Great guy…………

Y&T were one of the first rock bands I got into, initially because of the cover art on their albums,but I loved their mix of hard rock and catchy songs, a real shame Phil has passed away, I don`t think Y&T ever quite got the huge success they deserved compared to other American rock bands. I`m off to listen to Black Tiger album.