Why become a member? ×

FS: Lakland Decade *SOLD*

Legion

This a very recent aquisition of mine which was a bit whimsical to be honest. Having had a terrible rehearsal the other night, and as we are still struggling to find the right drummer things are not looking very rosy on the gig front so I just don't like having basses laying about not being used.

It's really impressed me, having recently tried a Gibson SG supreme and a Mustang RI this really exemplified the vintage vibe that I had tried to find in those other 2 basses but that was somehow lacking for me. This is certainly NOT a Fender, but nevertheless I really like it.

It's got the Chi-Sonic humbuckers and a coil tap (pull on the Vol knob) if you want them in Single Coil mode as the Humbucking mode is seriously fat, whereas the Single Coil sound is more aggressive. The neck was a bit of a shock as I've never spent any large amounts of time with a Lakland before and it's a really really nice neck! The weight is also very good at 8lbs 14oz and nicely balanced. Condition is outstanding with only a little swirling and light play wear.

It comes in the proper Lakland hard case and has just been strung with a set of DR DDT's which are quire similar in sound to DR Sunbeams if you like that sort of thing (I do)

Looking for £800 collected but if you want to arrange a courier I'll package it up nicely. Sorry the photos are a little dark, but it looks like a scene from Bladerunner outside today :)
[attachment=68050:IMGP2573.JPG]
[attachment=68051:IMGP2574.JPG]
[attachment=68052:IMGP2575.JPG]
[attachment=68053:IMGP2577.JPG]

Edited by Legion

You guys have got me seriously GASing for one of these.

How 'vintage' do they sound? I love me Sandberg as my main gigging bass, but sometimes hanker after something a bit different from that and my jazz. I'm currently thinking of something that gets me that late 60s birth-of-rock edge. What do people recommend (don't have the funds for a late 60s P :/ )

[quote name='fraff' post='1083762' date='Jan 9 2011, 11:22 PM']You guys have got me seriously GASing for one of these.

How 'vintage' do they sound? I love me Sandberg as my main gigging bass, but sometimes hanker after something a bit different from that and my jazz. I'm currently thinking of something that gets me that late 60s birth-of-rock edge. What do people recommend (don't have the funds for a late 60s P :/ )[/quote]
Hey Fraff, I replied in your other thread.

I guess we're in the wrong forum for this kind of discussion, but just playing it through my RH450/RS210 at home (sorry neighbours, but gigging it this Saturday), it's Fat - really needs more "f"s! Ffffat! I'm loving the humbucker option - will have to see how well that cuts through though...

[quote name='ShaunB' post='1087556' date='Jan 13 2011, 08:07 AM']I guess we're in the wrong forum for this kind of discussion[/quote]
You're right Shaun - have got a Decade thread over on the bass guitars forum!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=117906"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=117906[/url]

[quote name='ShaunB' post='1087556' date='Jan 13 2011, 08:07 AM']I guess we're in the wrong forum for this kind of discussion, but just playing it through my RH450/RS210 at home (sorry neighbours, but gigging it this Saturday), it's Fat - really needs more "f"s! Ffffat! I'm loving the humbucker option - will have to see how well that cuts through though...[/quote]
Even the single-coils are Fffat although maybe not as Ffffat as the humbuckers.