Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Blacksmith - 1600W @ 4 ohms.

Musicman20

Ok, I wont ever need an amp with this power, but TC have just stated the Blacksmith is getting released at NAMM.

1600W at 4 ohms. Much larger amp, more for very large bands id imagine.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681075&page=41"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...075&page=41[/url]

Pics on the link above.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1085054' date='Jan 11 2011, 12:07 AM']Big bands need less power in an amp. They have monster PA systems.

Just no need for it anymore.[/quote]

Yep. This is getting into the realms of penis envy... :)

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1085054' date='Jan 11 2011, 12:07 AM']Big bands need less power in an amp. They have monster PA systems.

Just no need for it anymore.[/quote]

True these days, a 3/4/500w amp and a good cab is more than enough these days, plus PA is more than enough. On a festival 500w in still fine, I think. It's just more fun.. if someone else is carrying your 8x10 :-)

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1085295' date='Jan 11 2011, 11:28 AM']My most powerful set up was the Rig of Doom V2

2600W (Yamaha P series power amps)

Would the cabs have taken it.... not a chance! Anything over 3 or 4 on the dial and they would have been shagged.

And I couldn't really lift it either!!! :)

ah - the stupidity of youth! Now I have Markbass.[/quote]

I know what you mean, I'm on the terror bass, the sp210 or the markbass now.. My back likes me

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1085218' date='Jan 11 2011, 10:02 AM']Indeed.

That said... that thing would be absolutely beasting into a Vintage. And it would help compensate for my tiny penis.[/quote]

If it goes down to 2 ohms we could pool vintages.... Hmmmmm. I have absolutely nothing to say about your second comment however. :)

It is ridiculous/ace, and if it truely is that wattage, and 2 ohm capable, then it will be stupidly powerful as my RH450 outperforms all the other micros Ive tried in terms of wattage and ommph, (honestly rated watts are great!).

I would never need such a rig, but If I played for Metallica I would want two.

I wonder if it supports daisy-chaining like the rh450...

As it stands I've decided 2 rh450's is superior. Or and rh450 and a classic would do the same actually or a staccatto. Or all 3!!!! :)

3 tc amps daisy chained = max capacity of 9 x(4x10) mmmmm......