Why become a member? ×

Neil Young Cover Band - Rust For Glory

bigjohn

[quote name='gareth' post='1078036' date='Jan 4 2011, 10:44 PM']God ........... I love Neil Young and wish I could be in an NY covers band.

I like the track - difficult to say too much about the musos, etc as the recording is not that great, but what stands out to me is how good the vocals and harmonies are - absolutely spot on - well done :) :)[/quote]
Plus one to [b]all[/b] of that

[quote name='bigjohn' post='1077927' date='Jan 4 2011, 09:30 PM']after a few beers, after not too many rehearsals![/quote]
The way it should be :lol:

Great stuff. Very accurate to how Neil plays this live with Crazy Horse, perhaps as WoT said a knacker too quick. I played in a NY covers band in the 90's called Sugar Mountain. Every venue was cover artist competition mad so we did it for some regular gigs. If we could ever muster up a few people to vote for us we would usually go through to the next round :)

I was the guitarist ... :)

All the best. I'd love to see a good Neil covers outfit and it sounds well on it's way.

Edited by Mr Fudge

Thanks!

We've done sporadic Neil Young for a bit - then we started doing more... We'll be doing some studio ones and recording some more live ones. I broke my A string at this gig and had to play the 2nd half with 3 strings!

I agree about it being a bit quick... I think this was 1st on the list after the break. :)

Edited by bigjohn

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1125702' date='Feb 13 2011, 09:40 AM']Hey Big John - was a pleasure to bump into you last night. The recordings are sounding great - I'll be sure to come and see you when you play the Greyhound (as long as it's not the same day our baby's born! Priorities and all that)[/quote]

Rebel Rebel was great as ever!

I have a bit of a head on me today though. Too much Absolution. We went out with the intention of getting the bus home at 11:30... ended up being the last ones in the bar and leaving at 1:30 :)

Nice Stormtrooper by the way :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='danny-79' post='1153957' date='Mar 8 2011, 03:36 PM']Neil is one of my all time favorites, nice one an good job ! :)[/quote]

Ta. Should be some more coming up over the next few days... Vocals sound crap though... I'm sure we don't sing [i]that [/i]bad! :) maybe we do!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='KevB' post='1157936' date='Mar 11 2011, 01:21 PM']Only just spotted this thread. I'd been planning to come down to the gig at The Greyhound in Beeston anyway, the involvement of a fellow BC'er is a bonus, will try to say hello John.[/quote]

Please do!

Should be a good laff if nothing else.

Certainly our biggest date so far. Onwards and upwards!

• 4 months later...