Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Five Fifteen Mini Bass Stack

Mlucas

[quote name='Mlucas' post='1077778' date='Jan 4 2011, 08:01 PM']Hi, i'm scouting around for a new amp set for practice and occasionally small gigging, this one caught my eye with good looking specs and an affordable price, does anyone own one which they could provide an insight into?[/quote]

Hi there,
sadly i've not even seen one of these however as an alternative, I used to own an Ashdown Perfect Ten 65 watt mini rig (sadly long gone). It had good tone and was loud enough for all practice situations and small gigs, mine was very reliable and could be pushed quite hard. only available secondhand now though you might want to have a look at there specs on the ashdown website under legacy..

Hi there

I've recently bought one of these to use as a home practice amp. I think its awesome for the price (i got mine from ebay but i would have quite happily paid 'shop price' for one of these.)

It should be a very capable small-gig amp, but it doesn't have a DI out or effects loop (should you need/want one). It feels very well made too.

My only other Ashdown experience was playing through a borrowed combo about 5 years ago. I thought that sounded horrible, so I was VERY impressed with this mini-stack!

JP

I used to have one. Fantastic for the price. Light and compact... Not a huge tonal range bit certainly enough for an amp with that spec. Suitable for very small pub gigs/open mic. Struggles against a LOUD drummer but still remains the best small amp about when you consider price and spec. EBS Session 60 is worth a look as well (prob the 2nd best small amp!)

Shep

Yeah, from specs and description it sounds like a brilliant practice amp, sadly it's now just out my price reach thanks to the VAT increase, i will also check out that EBS 60 amp, but i'll definitely keep my eyes open for any deals, thanks for the help guys :)