Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1491630633' post='3274384']
Moollon Classic P in faded sonic blue with a mint guard... currently filling the P bass hole in my life with aplomb.

[IMG]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/CamdenRob/EB3B4485-3506-4C0C-89C0-0897CD374D20_zpsvshdxrlb.jpg[/IMG]

Some lovely details, I'm particularly fond of the clay dots.

[IMG]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/CamdenRob/73236CE2-E101-437C-B50D-D04EFEC85CC7_zpsixd2bnou.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
I'm highly interested in a Moollon, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it!

Also is that Ebony fretboard? It's remarkably like rosewood!

• 1 month later...

Picked this up a few weeks ago but forgot to post it. Gear4music LA Bass (precision copy)

Plays well enough, sounds precision-y. Happy bunny for £40 second hand :sun_bespectacled:

Coffin case didn't come with the bass, it was lurking in the loft waiting for a bass to hold!

Andy B)

Edited by backwater

• 2 weeks later...

An AVRI '62 Precision for you. (and a rather fetching rug)

Has a somewhat challenging nut width, but that's offset by a truly wonderful House of Tone pickup. The original fell apart during a setup, and the raised poles where annoying me so off it went to pickup heaven

Absolutely nails that P sound I've had in my head since I first heard Queen in the 70's.

Nitro finish has very slight checking in places, and over all bass looks much older than it actually is without looking like a relic.

I find it a wee bit tricky to play for anything other than simple rock/blues due to the size of the neck and my mangled hands, but its so worth it. Totally fits in with the band I'm in.

Currently considering flat wound brands ;-)
  • Like 1

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1500836783' post='3340527']

My Shuker P5:

It's absolutely stunning mate. TI Flats on it at the moment, and man it just thumps!! Couldn't be happier with it.

That shuker p5 looks brilliant!!
[/quote]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That is a pretty stunning collection Steve, and really not helping me with the fact that I currently have 7 Precisions and am desperately trying to convince myself that at least 2 are surplus to requirements (when I really don`t want to offload any).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought this Precision bass just over 3 years ago I think. It's originally a Squier VM and had satin finished maple neck/fretboard. Not long ago I'd had it up for sale as I'd sort of 'gone off of it'. However, I bought a Mexican Blacktop P bass neck for it. It's now my number 1 bass. The new neck has lacquer finish, which I prefer, and the much nicer looking spaghetti style Fender logo on the headstock. I went the whole way and got an F neck plate as well :)  I shouldn't like this bass at all as I've never been one for natural finishes, but this is now such a lovely bass. It feels nice, and with some flatwounds on it, it sounds gorgeous. They're not the best photos, but here we go...

IMG_1430.thumb.jpg.1240e79a2f8d70962feb8553f36a790f.jpgIMG_1431.thumb.jpg.e77d8c28225a99bfbb9a6fc2d045a2d5.jpg

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 5