Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1418830797' post='2633810']
Can I ask a question to the P bass collective? If I were looking for a precision with a great big chunky, fat sounding resonant neck, would I be looking at the 50's versions mainly? I've reviewed the Fender Cabronita and actually, I liked what that had to offer, though I'd probably change the pickup! I'd love to hear your thoughts and of course, pictures always welcome! I love the look of the Tele headstocks with the reverse kluson tuning keys and maple boards are a big thumbs up too!
[/quote]

Dood, if you're ever in NW London you've got to pop over! I have a CS 55 P Bass, chunky maple neck, superlight ash body and stacked pickup. I have NEVER heard a bigger sounding Fender bass than this one!

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1419406131' post='2639568']

Dood, if you're ever in NW London you've got to pop over! I have a CS 55 P Bass, chunky maple neck, superlight ash body and stacked pickup. I have NEVER heard a bigger sounding Fender bass than this one!
[/quote]

That's a really kind offer! Thank you! - I tend to end up more East London but certainly if I'm round your way I'll endeavour to find some time to check out what sounds like a superb instrument you have! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest:

The body I think started life as a Squire Precision Special. I have no idea what the original colour was as I purchased it from eBay in this state - it's actually not a bad natural finish!

It also came with a white scratch plate, which I changed for a black one - kind of in homage to John Deacon really.

I then pimped the bass with a Status graphite neck - it's actually a Jazz neck, and was original fit for another bass so it's not a perfect fit, but plays fine anyway.

The final change was to have the PuPs upgraded to Nordstrands, and an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp installed, complete with battery box - all done by those lovely people at KGB Music in Birkenhead!

I've only had this bass a few days, but the tonal possibilities seem to be huge - exactly the kind of versatility at I want in a bass :D

[quote name='martin8708' timestamp='1422222043' post='2670109']
A '69 CAR refin with Simon's fretless neck on it .

Nice neck Simon , straight as an arrow.
[/quote]

Wow that looks great!! Glad the neck is being put to good use!

Cheers
Si

A few new pictures of my bitsa P Bass. Not much has changed since the last pictures other than a bridge cover has been added, the Fender tuners have been replaced with Schallers and the scratchplate is black instead of tort (although I may change back). The Telebass neck is from Warmoth and is one of the best necks I've played; Jazz-width nut but very chunky front-to back.

• 1 month later...

[URL=http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/mattdigweed/media/2_zpsc5e8axhc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg488/mattdigweed/2_zpsc5e8axhc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

2012 US STD in Candy Cola red, strung with La Bella flats. It's a beauty, and quite different to my rosewood board 2012.

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1428505585' post='2741947']
That must be my 2012 I traded at Bass Gear for my Limited CS55P. Loved that Bass, it was my first proper bass after Squire Affinity P :-)
[/quote]

Great :-) yeah, that's where I just picked it up from! It's a lovely Precision.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='luckman67' timestamp='1428611626' post='2743121']
[attachment=189012:4.jpg]My 2014 American Standard which I got in January,only upgrades are a set of Fender straplocks & Fender flatwound bass strings.
[/quote]

Nice looking bass man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...