Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Afterburner 2 5 String Bass For Sale

Geoff Heyes

[attachment=67453:IMG_0648.JPG]Dingwall Afterburner 2 5 String Bass approximately 4 month old and in prestine condition, quilted Redwood with full extra pack, this bass cost me £2800 and was purchased via Bass Direct, its an amazing instrument and sounds fantastic, it a[attachment=67453:IMG_0648.JPG]lso comes with the Dingwall gig bag and a new set of Dingwall strings.
Reason for sale is a change to my setup requiring some extra cash, so I am willing to accept £2000 cash for this guitar,so its a saving of £800 on new, sorry though no part x as I need cash.

ABII Five String - £2100
REDWOOD BURL top X pack (£595 option)
High gloss finish
Walnut chambered body
Walnut neck with dual carbon fibre spars - satin finish (£120 option)
2 x FD-3/Mach II 4L pickups
Glockenklang 2 band preamp, Volume, Pickup selector (Bridge, both parallel, both series, Neck)
Active/Passive switching on volume
Black Custom Bridge, Black Hipshot ultra light tuners
Weight - 9lb 1oz, 4.1kgs
Gig bag and tools

The build quality of this bass is very impressive and the finish is faultless. With a combination of the custom Dingwall pickups and the Glockenklang preamp you have lots of control over the unbelievable variety of tones that this bass is capable of. The fan fret neck is a joy to play and totally intuitive and the scale length is 37" on the B string and 34" on the G string but feels comfortable and relatively compact. The strings ring with piano like clarity and command with unprecedented clarity on the low notes and almost perfect balance across the string

Regards Geoff

Edited by Geoff Heyes

• 1 month later...

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1142038' date='Feb 26 2011, 02:50 AM']fanned frets are a fad![/quote]

Just had a quick look at your recent posts mate... I realise that they are all posted at 'silly o clock' in the morning but either someone has hacked your account or you've been hitting the sauce bottle pretty hard and taking your woes out on we imaginary people on t'interweb! :)