Why become a member? ×

Wizard Jazz bass pickups

Actually i think ive given miss information here. I had forgot we were talking Jazz pick ups, in my previous post i was talking about P pick ups (as i stated). Ive never tried the Fender Jazz Originals, just the P version so sorry if that confused anyone.

I do have Wizard 74's in my Jazz and do prefer them over the 84's i originallyhad. They are close to a vintage tone but with a bit more kick in the low mids. The bass they are in is a bit warm so i wanted something less warm and round, and more like my old HW-1 Jazz. With the 84's i felt they were too dark sounding, still had that warm round tone but with a deeper low end. The 74's that Andy made for me were just right. Brighter than the 84's and with a bit more growl, but not over the top brightness. Ive not tried the 64's.

i have the wizard hammers in my black shuker 4 bass, they are insanely good, nice and strong in the low mids, less of the vintage jazz ZING and light growl my '75 RI jazz had, but a meatier and lower kind of growl, just as aggresive