Why become a member? ×

Behringer EP2500 Power Amp

gilmour

[b]Behringer EP2500 Power Amp
[/b]I've been using this to power my PA but as I know have my shiny HK rig it is surplus to requirements.

Of all the Behringer stuff I've used this is the one bit that I think is really well built, sounds fine.

In very good condition, apart from one scratch to the paint work across the top of it.
"2 x 1,200 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2,400 Watts into 4 Ohms bridged operation
2-channel, parallel or bridged mono operating modes for flexible application
Independent limiters for each channel offer dependable protection against distortion
Precise signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance
Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) remove distracting infra-sound frequencies
Professional connectors, compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors, and “touch-proof” binding post loudspeaker outputs enable secure operation
Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
Connection option for extra amps in parallel operation
Ultra-reliable Toshiba/Fairchild high-power transistors
High-current toroidal transformer for absolute reliability and lowest noise emission
“Back-to-front” ventilation system including air filter with automatically adjusting fan speed for smooth operation
Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers"

I paid £150 for it in May, so £120. You'll likely want to collect this given the weight.

Hi, I may be interested in this, if I sell my powered system ( need money so downsizing ) I have a mixer, which we just use for vocals, and 2 passive PA speakers. Would this be all I need ? Could I take the output from the mixer straight into this ? Richard. I live near Reading, so could collect.

[quote name='fryer' post='1073677' date='Dec 31 2010, 01:34 PM']Hi, I may be interested in this, if I sell my powered system ( need money so downsizing ) I have a mixer, which we just use for vocals, and 2 passive PA speakers. Would this be all I need ? Could I take the output from the mixer straight into this ? Richard. I live near Reading, so could collect.[/quote]
I use exactly the set-up you're describing whilst on sound duties for a couple of Pub Bands round my way. It'll actually handle a lot more than just vocals with the addition of a couple of passive bins. (The bins would need internal crossovers, though. Mine had them fitted as standard when I bought them). :)