Why become a member? ×

Who's battling their way to a gig tonight?

JMT3781

Playing in Wirral last night there was only about 4 inches of snow but it was a slow trek back to the outskirts of Liverpool were I live and roads getting worse on the way. Back at mine at 1.30am the snow was 12 inches were it was untouched. Like an arse I tried to clear my drive at the rear of the house but gave up, then struggled to get my car moving from were I had left it, drove it round the front and ploughed it into the snow on the pavement and off the raod. It was another nightmare trying to dig it out this afternoon. I was trying to tell the guitard that I am having a hard time as it it is bad round here, he lives local to last nights venue, hinting that tonights gig in Helsby may not be practical. He said he had rang the manager and was told the roads are ok around there so it should be ok. Yes, but how do [b]I[/b] get to them.
I am whacked now.
I would sooner be sitting in with a nice bowl of bread and hot milk and watch last nights Coronation Street on the catch up player.

We cancelled a little pub gig which ironically is less than a mile from where we all live. Our van resides in a valley and with ungritted roads we would be lucky to get it 20 yards up any of the roads out. Then of course returning home on the same un treated roads at 1 in the morning with temps -4 and below.

Also get to the pub and no one is there. It's a no brainer ...

Good luck to those who have private gigs on

Got one tomorrow lunchtime, if it still goes ahead.

We`ve had abt 6 inches here in Herts, and no idea if any more to come. Fair play to the venue (The Pitz, Milton Keynes), they`ve been on to us already, and said that they`ll let us know if its going ahead, and to find out if we can make it tomorrow. Great organisation.

Here`s hoping - its always a great gig, and we`re also playing with The Pear Tree Bridge Family, so double the fun tomorrow.

Edit - venue have just informed us the gig won`t be going ahead. I am now glum!

Edited by Lozz196

Set off for gig Friday night, arrived 8pm no snow.
By 11.30pm over 8 inches and still coming down.
14 miles home, 11 of them motorway and it took me slightly less than 2 %^$&(^% HOURS :)

Apologies to the lorry drivers amongst us, but does the word jackknife not mean anything to you?
Hewaring past on the motorway then spinning 40 feet of wagon is not big or clever, it's almost a self fulfilling prophecy.!

Karl.

We were supposed to doing a gig in Campbeltown tonight, but I decided to cancel as I wanted to get home for Christmas. Sounds like a flimsy excuse I know, but between the weather in Glasgow and the weather in Orkney, today was my best shot of getting back at all. Travelling to Orkney isn't much fun!