Why become a member? ×

Ordered a new bass :D

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1061113' date='Dec 16 2010, 10:56 PM']Today to my joy I have ordered my first real new bass. It's nothing special but I'm sure I'll love it to bits. I was wondering if anyone has ordered online from guitar guitar before? How was delivery and how well set up was the bass etc?

Regards

Alex[/quote]

what bass is it?

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='1061133' date='Dec 16 2010, 11:11 PM']I have played a selection of basses in guitar guitar in Brum and they were all top banana with regards to set up and condition. I had a very good experience of the shop as a whole from start to finish.[/quote]
Great! I hope the bass I get is in tip top condition :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1061150' date='Dec 16 2010, 11:30 PM']Don't believe I got as far as the order but phoned up to stock query & the guy I spoke to was very helpful & professional. I didn't place the order as I handle my GAS better these days but he said any order placed before 2pm is despatched same day.[/quote]
Well I did say that I would prefer it arrived Wednesday and the guy phoned me up and confirmed that and he has arranged that it should ideally all being well with the weather arrive Wednesday :)

I've ordered from them. It was sent the following day and arrived a day later via courier. Well packaged in a proper box.

Set up was great where action was concerned and had definitely been checked over. The intonation was shocking though, it was miles out so I had to set the bass up again. No big deal as I've always wanted to set up a bass 'for me' when I've bought it.

In my experience they have been the best online retailer to buy an instrument from.

Shep

[quote name='iconic' post='1062283' date='Dec 18 2010, 09:51 AM']Lakland skyline 44-01...luverly looking thing....I always seem to be very interested in Laklands...never even held one though!

and I like the green on this one!

[/quote]

Try a Daryll Jones.
Wonderful.
Karl.

Nice one B.G, enjoy :)

I was there yesterday and tried all the Laklands. I was buying a fiver so it was mainly those we tried but that [b]44-01 sounded really nice mate! [/b]You wont be dissapointed I promise. I was with EBS_freak who has an amazing selection of gear and he was very impressed too infact the cheapest Lakland was the nicest out the bunch. We both loved the 55-02 and over all its a better bass than a Ray but Im a sucker for Rays so I got one of them instead from PMT round the corner. Guitar Guitar were really good, I told him we were on a whistle stop tour for 5 strings and until we had been round all the shops I wasnt parting with any cash and they were happy to let us try everything out and left us to it, He even bought us a few stands over so we could swap basses around easier which was a nice touch and less chance of there gear getting dropped etc. I will certainly go back next time the gas comes knocking. Let us know what you think when it comes, It sounded ace to me but just not quite the sound Im used to and for the extra cash to go up to the 55-02 especially with a maple top (£100 more) I was getting nearer Ray5 money so thats the way I went.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1063789' date='Dec 19 2010, 06:00 PM']I was there yesterday and tried all the Laklands. I was buying a fiver so it was mainly those we tried but that [b]44-01 sounded really nice mate! [/b]You wont be dissapointed I promise. I was with EBS_freak who has an amazing selection of gear and he was very impressed too infact the cheapest Lakland was the nicest out the bunch. We both loved the 55-02 and over all its a better bass than a Ray but Im a sucker for Rays so I got one of them instead from PMT round the corner. Guitar Guitar were really good, I told him we were on a whistle stop tour for 5 strings and until we had been round all the shops I wasnt parting with any cash and they were happy to let us try everything out and left us to it, He even bought us a few stands over so we could swap basses around easier which was a nice touch and less chance of there gear getting dropped etc. I will certainly go back next time the gas comes knocking. Let us know what you think when it comes, It sounded ace to me but just not quite the sound Im used to and for the extra cash to go up to the 55-02 especially with a maple top (£100 more) I was getting nearer Ray5 money so thats the way I went.[/quote]
Thanks mate, i too tryed it out first in guitar guitar but was only noddling around for about 20 mins as i wasnt seriously considering buying it till recently and yes it sounds very nice and the neck isnt too slim or too thick. Its kinda inbetween a P and a Jazz bass neck profile wise which i loved. Also the active eq is great, the build quality was top and it just looks very high end and lovely. I cant wait till it arrives plus the day its due is the day i start my holidays till mid january :)

Wooo!!!!

Bass has arrived. Got a text this morning saying it would arrive between 9-12pm and it arrived about half 11 and it was well boxed. Bout 3 boxes it was packed in and im keeping them just in case delivery is needed ever for something else.

The bass is a keeper absolute beauty.

Guitar Guitar +1000000000

[quote name='charic' post='1067790' date='Dec 23 2010, 02:09 PM']Then it doesn't exsist. :)[/quote]
thats unfair :lol: haha ill have another look for usb for phone just to prove u wrong :)

[url="http://www.lakland.com/44-01.htm"]http://www.lakland.com/44-01.htm[/url]

Basically its the exact bass model as shown in the link