Why become a member? ×

'Ignore User'

NJW

[quote name='Wil' post='121171' date='Jan 15 2008, 10:50 PM']Yep, it works a treat! There's an option in the user control panel, you just type in the user's name and it blocks their posts.[/quote]

Unless of course someone 'quotes' the blocked post in their post - then you see it.

Hamster

[quote name='NJW' post='121161' date='Jan 15 2008, 10:29 PM']Another forum I frequent has a fantastic little feature where you can choose to 'ignore' a member - meaning you never see their posts on the forum. Is there a way to do that here?[/quote]
Good spot, you.... I feel better already!

[quote name='stewblack' post='121280' date='Jan 16 2008, 07:34 AM']Toasted - you remind me of Ted Heath post 1975![/quote]

[i]With the Conservative Party losing three out of four general elections by 1974 under his leadership, Heath came to be seen as a liability by many Conservative MPs, party activists, and sympathetic newspaper editors. Among the wider electorate he attracted more sympathy, partly because of public statements he had made hinting at his willingness to consider the idea of serving in a government of national unity.[/i]

It's almost perfect :)

[quote name='Toasted' post='121294' date='Jan 16 2008, 09:41 AM'][i]With the Conservative Party losing three out of four general elections by 1974 under his leadership, Heath came to be seen as a liability by many Conservative MPs, party activists, and sympathetic newspaper editors. Among the wider electorate he attracted more sympathy, partly because of public statements he had made hinting at his willingness to consider the idea of serving in a government of national unity.[/i]

It's almost perfect :)[/quote]

Thought you'd like it.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Why would you want to ignore anyone? Even if you can't stand them and disagree with everything they say, surely threads stop making sense when there are huge gaps in them?

Its people like that who have given bass players the rep of meek, non-confrontational, sheepish losers.

Actually, I doubt anyone will read this. Oh well.

Edited by TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='121333' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:31 AM']Why would you want to ignore anyone? Even if you can't stand them and disagree with everything they say, surely threads stop making sense when there are huge gaps in them?

Its people like that who have given bass players the rep of meek, non-confrontational, sheepish losers.

Actually, I doubt anyone will read this. Oh well.[/quote]

I read it and haven't blocked you ;-)

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Exactly. I almost think people do it as a point of principle, when really it serves no purpose and is in fact pretty childish.

I think most people can simply choose to ignore a post if they don't agree with it, but at least read it first.

Im not ignoring anyone just yet, but I just find that there are a number of slightly irritating posts which 99% of the time have no relevance whatsoever to anything being discussed - and they all come from the same person :huh:. So it'd be nice to have the option.

And nah, its none of you :)

I just wish it wiped the person out all together. Still have to see that they exist which does irritate but nowhere near as much as accidentally reading a tiny bit of one of their posts. As we all know the kind of trollish idiocy that attempts to ruin any message board is best remedied by complete ignorance, and ignoring something is easier if you don't have to read it in the first place.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='121350' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:59 AM']^^

I love you.[/quote]

Thats the first time anyone has said that to me on an internet message board :-)

If a person (lets call him steve) ignores someone (fred) and then someone who hasn't ignored fred then quotes something fred said will steve see it or will it be ignored also?

Confusing eh!?!

Edited by birdy

[quote name='birdy' post='121422' date='Jan 16 2008, 12:46 PM']Thats the first time anyone has said that to me on an internet message board :-)

If a person (lets call him steve) ignores someone (fred) and then someone who hasn't ignored fred then quotes something fred said will steve see it or will it be ignored also?

Confusing eh!?![/quote]

It will be visible as the person who quoted it isn't the user blocked. It'd be probably too complex to implement blocking based on other users posts.