Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress lll Deluxe Fretted 5 String

leprechaun

Along with my fretless Overwater the fretted has to go too unfortunately!

The bass is 36” scale length with 24 frets, it has an American walnut body with burr maple top and headstock facia. The neck is 5 piece maple and bubinga with an Indian rosewood fretboard. The bass is fitted with the heavier brass bridge option. The only other thing I can think to mention is that the volume control is a pull pot which puts the bridge pickup in single coil mode. It is serial number 3102 and is dated 10th October 2002.

The bass is in overall great condition, the only slight mark is on the inside of the bottom horn (walnut part) which you can just see on the large picture of the body, it really is the tiniest of dents though…

You can view more pictures of the bass [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/seantaylor4/OverwaterProgressLllFrettedVString"]here[/url].

Thanks for looking!

Sean.
[attachment=4859:IMG_2483_1.JPG][attachment=4860:IMG_2484.JPG]
[attachment=4861:IMG_2495.JPG][attachment=4862:IMG_2486.JPG]
[attachment=4863:IMG_2502.JPG][attachment=4864:IMG_2496.JPG]
[attachment=4865:IMG_2491.JPG]

Edited by leprechaun

Hi Mark,

In terms of playability the extra scale length really tightens up the B string in comparison to many 34" scale basses I've played, it also doesn't feel any bigger than the 35" fretless overwater I have. I think the benefits in sound outweigh the minor disadvantage of the longer scale in that once you've played a longer scale bass for a few hours you no longer think about it being any different to a regular scale bass (at least that's my experience!)

Hope that helps, cheers,

Sean.

Just thought I'd give a wee bump as this is just the most perfect bass I think I have ever seen. good luck with the sale I wish I had the cash. dont suppose you fancy a stingray???? :) he he.

p.s. anyone sold a kidney recently? heard they go for a bit on the black market.

Thanks for the kind comments fellas :)

NJE, I'd be interested in a trade but only for a five string, I'm ideally looking for a Jazz of some sort.

I'm getting pretty desperate to sell both this and the fretless progress I have listed here somewhere and replace with just one fretted five string to make some cash!! Make me an offer!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='leprechaun' post='120092' date='Jan 14 2008, 01:55 PM']Along with my fretless Overwater the fretted has to go too unfortunately!

The bass is 36” scale length with 24 frets, it has an American walnut body with burr maple top and headstock facia. The neck is 5 piece maple and bubinga with an Indian rosewood fretboard. The bass is fitted with the heavier brass bridge option. The only other thing I can think to mention is that the volume control is a pull pot which puts the bridge pickup in single coil mode. It is serial number 3102 and is dated 10th October 2002.

The bass is in overall great condition, the only slight mark is on the inside of the bottom horn (walnut part) which you can just see on the large picture of the body, it really is the tiniest of dents though…

You can view more pictures of the bass [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/seantaylor4/OverwaterProgressLllFrettedVString"]here[/url].

Thanks for looking!

Sean.
[attachment=4859:IMG_2483_1.JPG][attachment=4860:IMG_2484.JPG]
[attachment=4861:IMG_2495.JPG][attachment=4862:IMG_2486.JPG]
[attachment=4863:IMG_2502.JPG][attachment=4864:IMG_2496.JPG]
[attachment=4865:IMG_2491.JPG][/quote]
MB1. :)
Bass especially suitable for police officers(The long arm of the law!)
Sorry i'll get me coat! :huh:

• 3 months later...