Why become a member? ×

formingbands.co.uk

clauster

[quote name='clauster' post='1050803' date='Dec 7 2010, 06:02 PM']Once again, my band are on the look out for a new drummer.

We've tried on musofinder, bandmix and gumtree.

Just stumbled across formingbands.co.uk.

Has anyone else had any luck finding anyone through this site?[/quote]

Ever tried Partysounds ?

It amazes me that I believe every band I have been in during the last decade had contained members that have been found online. I think the trick is not to rely on one site but just get yourselves out on as many sites as possible. Just remember to take the listings down when the position if full. Oh & I've used all the sites mentioned. Ranges from sniffs of interest through to making friends for life :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1051239' date='Dec 8 2010, 03:50 AM']What about the days when you used to put up an advert just inside the door of the guitar shop?[/quote]

That, and local newspapers. Birmingham Mail used to be good. Remember when one of the music papers used to run ads, Melody Maker or NME cant remember which. Trouble with the interweb is, being free there are a lot of time wasters.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1051361' date='Dec 8 2010, 09:28 AM']I tend to find I get responses from 15 year olds who like Paramore. Now dont get me wrong, we all have to start somewhere, but Ive never met anyone in their mid-twenties to mid-thirties through those sites, which is a shame.[/quote]

Tell me about it. I got so sick of dealing with idiots I've virtually given up. Whether it be through websites or whatever it doesn't matter.

In response to the OP's question Forming Bands is rubbish. Or at least, the people on it are rubbish. All pay for contact details sites are a waste of time in my opinion. Easy cash. Although I have found bands or people through them, I still think they are a con.