Why become a member? ×

Stanley DVD's

Badass

I am looking for a list of Stanly Clarke DVD.

It's almost Christmas, in case some of you didn't know, and I have been asked what I'd like. I already have Night School, but fancy one or two more. Can anyone suggest something please? There don't seem to be to many out there.

The only other one I can really think of is the Return To Forever Live one from a couple of years ago. It's a really good DVD, very well filmed with a good sound quality. The only thing that really lets it down is Chick Corea, he uses a lot of crap sounding patches and often seems to think it's all about him.

It's sad in a way, that the band ended up like this, slightly off form. This is really evident right before one one of the tunes, Al Di Meola gets this awesome groove going on, Stanley joins in on the bass and it sounds fantastic. Then Chick starts soloing aimlessly over the top, Stan gets bored and starts playing Lopsy Lu and it all falls apart!

So thats a bit of a shame, but it's definitely a DVD worth having.

[quote name='Badass' post='1050650' date='Dec 7 2010, 03:48 PM']Cheers Chris, I thought there would be plenty to choose from. No worries, I'll add that 'Return to forever' DVD to my Chrissy list. You never know what Santa may bring :)[/quote]

FWIW, I bought the "John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension" DVD at the same time as the RTF one and it is significantly better as a whole!