Why become a member? ×

Vester 4 String Warwick thumb copy(Sold to spoo_bass).

rohan

[quote name='RichBowman' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:42 PM' post='12130']
Just thought I'd pop on and say that I had a Vester bass once - Not quite the same as this one, was sort of Jazz shaped, but had the sloping pickup thing a la the Thumb. I have to say that it was an exceptionally well made and very nice sounding bass. Really solid and my band mates complained when I sold it and got a Warwick.

I was told/ read somewhere that they were closed down by Fender with a 'Cease and Desist' type order in the 90's for some reason or another, but can't find or supply any evidence to support this - Sorry.

So anyway, just thought I'd give a thumbs up to this...er....thumb(copy)...(well, Vester in particular)

Cheers,

Rich

MB1. :)

I had a vester curry once!...................sorry ill get me coat! :huh:

[quote name='RichBowman' post='43563' date='Aug 9 2007, 11:59 PM']Sir - You always crack me up!!! :-)

Rich :huh:[/quote]

yes he is indeed funny, i just get pissed of with him always putting

MB1 :huh: at the start of every post :huh:

I have never heard of vester before now, it certianly looks nice. If i was looking for another 4 banger i'd have it :huh:

Good Luck with the sale :)

[quote name='TheButler' date='Aug 10 2007, 12:23 AM' post='43573']
yes he is indeed funny, i just get pissed of with him always putting

MB1 :huh: at the start of every post :huh:

I have never heard of vester before now, it certianly looks nice. If i was looking for another 4 banger i'd have it :huh:

Good Luck with the sale :)

MB1. :huh:

I dont have an avatar so i thought id use this, annoying i know but its become my trademark,ive also been told,Dont write in capitals as its SHOUTING!......WELL I FIND SOMETIMES ITS GOOD TO SHOUT.................AND IF NOT WHY NOT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rohan' post='60923' date='Sep 15 2007, 07:05 PM']Bump. This has just had a new jack installed and been set up proffesionally. Will take £200 with the flight case?[/quote]

Don't sell it that cheaply! I have personally been offered £300 for mine, and it's EXACTLY the same as yours, so there are people out there that want them! Stick it on the bay with a reserve, advertise it in one of the "Ad-Mag" type papers, or even shove it on Loot. It's worth a lot more-don't panic! :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='74338' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:38 PM']Don't sell it that cheaply! I have personally been offered £300 for mine, and it's EXACTLY the same as yours, so there are people out there that want them! Stick it on the bay with a reserve, advertise it in one of the "Ad-Mag" type papers, or even shove it on Loot. It's worth a lot more-don't panic! :huh:[/quote]

I think you should sell it that cheap ... to me :huh:

Still can't believe you've not sold it yet :) I am on the market for 4 string at the mo' too I didn't exactl have one of these in mind tho'

[quote name='rohan' date='Oct 8 2007, 06:05 PM' post='71147']
Bump

That peavey 8x10 must be picking up some dust by now,unless youve taken the speakers out and gone fishing with it?....Any pics?

Riverside Bump!

[quote name='MB1' post='77597' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:44 AM']Bump

That peavey 8x10 must be picking up some dust by now,unless youve taken the speakers out and gone fishing with it?....Any pics?

Riverside Bump![/quote]

what outboard would you use?
you could harvest many a shrimp