Why become a member? ×

Vester 4 String Warwick thumb copy(Sold to spoo_bass).

rohan

I doubt anyone has heard of this make... I think they are similar to tokai in that they make mostly copies etc. But yeah this bass is a warwick thumb copy... jazz pickups. two volume, one tone. brass nut, bolt on neck, rosewood fretboard.
Comes with custom flightcase. I'll be honest with you, this sounds better than most rock basses and you are free to come down and try it out. If anyone wants anymore info or better pics feel free, looking for a swap preferably, Cash £300 ONO.

Edited by rohan

[quote name='rohan' post='11336' date='Jun 3 2007, 11:17 AM']I doubt anyone has heard of this make... I think they are similar to tokai in that they make mostly copies etc. But yeah this bass is a warwick thumb copy... jazz pickups. two volume, one tone. brass nut, bolt on neck, rosewood fretboard.
Comes with custom flightcase. I'll be honest with you, this sounds better than most rock basses and you are free to come down and try it out. If anyone wants anymore info or better pics feel free, looking for a swap preferably £300 ONO.

[/quote]

As per the forum rules i will not post the value of this bass here, So i will send you a PM.

Pmed.

Just thought I'd pop on and say that I had a Vester bass once - Not quite the same as this one, was sort of Jazz shaped, but had the sloping pickup thing a la the Thumb. I have to say that it was an exceptionally well made and very nice sounding bass. Really solid and my band mates complained when I sold it and got a Warwick.

I was told/ read somewhere that they were closed down by Fender with a 'Cease and Desist' type order in the 90's for some reason or another, but can't find or supply any evidence to support this - Sorry.

So anyway, just thought I'd give a thumbs up to this...er....thumb(copy)...(well, Vester in particular)

Cheers,

Rich

I have a Vester Jazz bass, it's damn good for the money - was my first bass and I still love it in a sentimental way. Can't compete with my Statii basses anymore but still fun!

And the serial no. is on a sticker on the back of the headstock. Or on the neck plate. Can't remember now.

[quote name='rohan' post='13468' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:49 AM']Bumpizzle - anyone?[/quote]
That's a real nice looking bass.

Although I don't like fret markers at the edge, it makes me feel all funny when I look at the pic. Or maybe it's yer vest

j/k

-edit:

*bu-ump*

Edited by paul, the

I used to own the fretless version of this, bought it back in 1995. Great bass for the money - really nice feel. Sound Control were selling them for £300 at the time - it was their silly price period - and they were going like hot cakes.

[quote name='Stubacca' post='14023' date='Jun 8 2007, 09:32 AM']I used to own the fretless version of this, bought it back in 1995. Great bass for the money - really nice feel. Sound Control were selling them for £300 at the time - it was their silly price period - and they were going like hot cakes.[/quote]

One finished on Ebay recently. Wish I'd seen it sooner. Looks a great first fretless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...