Why become a member? ×

#SOLD# Musicman SUB5 with John East Active circuit #SOLD#

WalMan

So I bought this from Silverfoxnik back in August and it is a great bass, but after 20 years with one bass this has made me GASsy to try some other things - like possibly the l2500 if this sells and it's still around :huh:

I have nicked a couple of Nik's pictures from the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4471&hl=sub5"]thread[/url] he sold it to me on as that seemed easier, but have added one of my own.

It also comes with [list]
[*]the original MM electrics and clear pick guard,
[*]an MM transfer I picked up on eBay (as the one put on the headstock when it was refinished has flaked away a bit in the middle :) ) and
[*]a good Tribal Plant case with ruck sack straps but missing its carry handle. [i](Not Planet Waves as I said originally)[/i]
[/list]
[attachment=4817:SUB5Hall.jpg][attachment=4816:Sub5onstandbody.jpg][attachment=4815:Sub5angled.jpg]

Since I acquired it, it has had a set up and set of Elixirs on it. There was an issue with the B saddle and one of the height adjusting hex key sockets, but that was fixed by those brilliant guys at Strings & Things

Ideally I am looking for £525 for the lot.

Based in West Sussex, just down the road from Nik, so if you have a bit of Christmas cash burning a hole in your pocket and fancy a nice, zingy, vintage looking MM SUB5 here you go

Edited by WalMan

Hi Al,

I'm really sorry to see you suffering the GAS so badly now, but if you remember back in August, I did get you to sign a Disclaimer :)

This is a great bass and looks just as good as I remember it (bit of a tug on the old heart strings for a moment looking at the pix..) and the improvements you've made will only have enhanced it! Great B string, plays really nicely and lots of tonal variations available so I'm sure this will find a good home quickly... Which is what we need putting into ASAP to cure this dreaded GAS!

Good luck with the sale and have a BUMP on me!

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='119450' date='Jan 13 2008, 11:40 AM']Hi Al,

I'm really sorry to see you suffering the GAS so badly now, but if you remember back in August, I did get you to sign a Disclaimer :huh:

This is a great bass and looks just as good as I remember it (bit of a tug on the old heart strings for a moment looking at the pix..) and the improvements you've made will only have enhanced it! Great B string, plays really nicely and lots of tonal variations available so I'm sure this will find a good home quickly... Which is what we need putting into ASAP to cure this dreaded GAS!

Good luck with the sale and have a BUMP on me!

Nik[/quote]
You did indeed Nik, curses!! :)

oh and

Yet another Beedster ex! Don't know who's bought it, but it's a great buy, it sounded a whole lot beter than any MM SR5 I owned (in my far-off active 5 string days I had this, a Bongo and an SR5 and this was by far my fave), looked the nads, and had a pre-amp that licks major butt. All in all, a great bass :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='127069' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:57 PM']Yet another Beedster ex! Don't know who's bought it, but it's a great buy, it sounded a whole lot beter than any MM SR5 I owned (in my far-off active 5 string days I had this, a Bongo and an SR5 and this was by far my fave), looked the nads, and had a pre-amp that licks major butt. All in all, a great bass :)
Chris[/quote]
Chris

It's still on board. JoJobass has it now.

I almost had a change of heart when it came to the last rehearsal with me on Tuesday & it did cross my mind exactly why was I letting it go, BUT onwards & upwards

Al

[quote name='WalMan' post='127117' date='Jan 24 2008, 05:36 PM']Chris

It's still on board. JoJobass has it now.

I almost had a change of heart when it came to the last rehearsal with me on Tuesday & it did cross my mind exactly why was I letting it go, BUT onwards & upwards

Al[/quote]
Ruthless Al, absolutely ruthless! :)

Looking forward to Saturday's gig by any chance????

[quote name='Beedster' post='127069' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:57 PM']Yet another Beedster ex![/quote]

I'm more surprised when a bass comes up that's [b]not[/b] a Beedster ex! You conduct yourself in a disgraceful manner! (Basswise!)

[quote name='Mike' post='127269' date='Jan 24 2008, 08:24 PM']I'm more surprised when a bass comes up that's [b]not[/b] a Beedster ex! You conduct yourself in a disgraceful manner! (Basswise!)[/quote]

Indeed, but arguably a case of pots and kettles..... :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='127069' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:57 PM']and had a pre-amp that [u]licks major butt[/u]. All in all, a great bass :)
Chris[/quote]
Chris,
No wonder it was one of your faves if it [u]licks major butt[/u]
Now that really is a Bass with a purpose. :huh:

[quote name='BassBunny' post='128232' date='Jan 26 2008, 01:20 PM']Chris,
No wonder it was one of your faves if it [u]licks major butt[/u]
Now that really is a Bass with a purpose. :huh:[/quote]

LOL, must be more careful with my spelling :)
To clarify, the preamp KICKED major butt!
Chris