Why become a member? ×

gone

Guest jonnyj

• 1 month later...

I used to have one of these - prob did 500 gigs in a 3/4 year period with it, no backup, never any problems with it, great basses, and as said, a gigging machine!

If I weren`t having to sell gear on at pres, I`d prob buy it, for nostalgia. Def recommended.

[quote name='jonnyj' post='1039412' date='Nov 27 2010, 11:21 PM']Dont like doing this but there's a bass ive been after for ages.

For sale is my Yamaha BB1100s. Made in Taiwan in 1985. All original apart from the machine heads that were replaced many years ago, not sure what make they are. P/J pickup configuration and it has a passive/active/mute switch which is handy. Prity decent condition for its age, not perfect as it has been gigged continuously. Frets are really good considering the age and the ammount of use its had. It recently had the active electronics fixed. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but it wasnt a big job and its all fine now. The neck plays well and the truss rod is all working. No issues that I am aware of. Currently strung with D'addarrio Chromes.

Fantistic bass that can cover many situations and it's a gigging machine. In my opinion the best bass you can get for the money.

I'm looking for [b]£350[/b] for this. Located NE Lancashire.

Please ask if you need any more info. Cheers![/quote]

Consider a swap?? Let me know!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1142273' date='Feb 26 2011, 12:35 PM']I also used to have one of these and I also was very impressed with it. Mine was fretless and it sounded as good as any bass I've owned since.[/quote]

I concur. I have a fretless one and it sounds and plays really well. Mine was a real bargain and so is this!