Why become a member? ×

gotoh bass bridge

chilievans

I've used the chrome 201 on a couple of Squier basses and I think they're excellent. Good value and well made - vast improvment over the original.

I can't compare with a Badass as I've never used one but certainly no routing required on Fender/Squier with a 201. Screw spacing the same but if I recall correctly screws slightly thinner and holes need a cocktail stick plug first.

I`ve had them on Precisions and Jazzes, and I do think that they change the tone, reducing mids, and tightening bottom end, whilst making the highs more defined. Ultimately, for me, they made my Fenders sound un-fenderish, so I went back to the standard BBOT bridges, but they certainly had an effect on my basses. And as said, very reasonably priced.

I have one on a Yamaha BB415 and it makes a hell of a difference - a more immediate response and much better sustain than the BBOT original. Not everyone is looking for sustain and immediate response though especially if playing reggae.

A very good bridge.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='simon1964' post='1038656' date='Nov 27 2010, 06:13 AM']+1.[/quote]

+10

Removed my Squier 77 stock jazz bridge and put on one of these today. Incredible improvement in tone, overall note quality, and sustain, plus the bottom end is bigger. Some have said they don't hear improvement with these, but I definitely hear it. I do. I really do. I really, really do.

Edited by tedgilley

I've now got one on my CV P and i think it looks much nicer than the BAII i have on my HW-one.
I cant really hear much of a difference though. Im sure its there but i would think a new set of stings would make more of a difference.
Then again, the CV bridge was already a high mass bridge, and in fact its bigger than the Gotoh so i can understand the lack of tonal change.

Edited by dave_bass5

I've got a 201 on my fretless Jazz and I reckon that for the money they are great bridges. They are pretty high mass in comparison to the standard fender bridge so it will tonally affect the sound slightly but I can't say i've experienced any negative effects from them. If you are looking for one I'd say go for it. :)