Why become a member? ×

Intro Tunes

Randy_Marsh

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='1036723' date='Nov 25 2010, 06:39 PM']I'm not sure if this has been done before but was just wondering if any bands on here had an intro song before they went on-stage.

Just curious really and thinking of maybe using one for my band[/quote]

What you mean played through the PA from an audio source?

If so, then no

But then again, we are small time pubs, clubs and functions so it would be to pretentious imo

[quote]What you mean played through the PA from an audio source?[/quote]

Yeah exactly that

[quote]But then again, we are small time pubs, clubs and functions so it would be to pretentious imo[/quote]

I though this, but depending on the song i thought it could be a bit of fun. Like when i saw set your goals they came on to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles haha

I've seen it done, it some new age English dubstep/metal thing, like enter shikari. As such they played one of there better known songs with the intro and synthy bits played through the venues PA.

My band, before we had enough material to string together best part of 30 minute set we used to play an improvised version of the ending of fleetwood mac - the chain (F1 theme tune) it was pretty cool but our vocalist isnt amazing and couldn't improv as much so we eventually dropped it.

I recon it's fine having an intro song you play, but anything else, makes you look a ponse IMO. It's far more impressive watching someone play a song than them stand there while they play CD, it's not x factor it's just a gig.

yes we have one....

It starts with some air raid sirens, followed by a low synth bass drone with our singer shouting an introduction along the lines of "Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for Iron Python" then the tune from 2001 a space odyssey!

Complete pretentious drivel, but we are a "comedy c*ck-rock" band and it makes people laugh....