Why become a member? ×

Anyone seen OutToPlayJazz??

Linus27

[quote name='7string' post='1035784' date='Nov 24 2010, 11:49 PM']He''s not the bass playre in the hat that's always in the background when Brucie introduces Dave Arch(?) is he...

Be funny if he was as my wife and I comment on him getting on the telly every week....[/quote]

I don't thinks he's the player on the TV show, think he just does the strictly tour.

Rich (OTPJ) has been pretty busy recently with various big band stuff as well as his teaching. He's about to start panto audition/pre rehearsal or whatever they do prior to getting the show on the road proper. He's asked me to fill in for him in the house band at the jam sessions we go to (slightly daunting, don't play anything like Rich!) from around Dec 5th which is when he'll be really inot the panto thing. If I see him on Sunday I'll tell him you were enquiring.

I saw Rich about 3 weeks ago, doing a party in a posh hotel in Leicester.
I bought his Tune bass - let me have a go on it through his Genz rig and
then handed over his hallowed Status - cracking bass.

He is very well, busy and recently moved, so as a previous post said, he
is probably up to his neck, at the mo'.

Hope he pops back soon - great bloke.

Cheers. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1036093' date='Nov 25 2010, 11:26 AM']Come to think of it, havent seen you much on here Linus! Hope all is well and you are playing more than I am! :)[/quote]

Yeah I am good thanks. Been busy with lots of things. Playing wise I am still recording this album which is coming along nicely. Plan to do a massive chunk of recording and mixing over the Xmas break. Really getting into fretless now and might shift my Fender CIJ 62 RI fretless for a fretless Stingray if money allows. As for non playing then busy with work and getting my 8 year old son into karting. Apart from that, still alive and having fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Rumours of my demise are thankfully greatly exaggerated :)

Firstly, BC business... cd_david, I still have your MM flight case and will despatch it as soon as I get a moment to myself - Same goes for the gig bag I still need to send to Tom1946. Yep, it really has been that crazy!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments... I never meant to disappear, it's just that life takes over at times, as so many of you on here know only too well. I split with Mrs.OTPJ after nearly 11 years in the summer (towards the end of the Strictly Tour) so had to focus all of my attentions on sorting out a new home and basically starting again from scratch. You'll all no doubt be glad to hear that the new FP Towers is splendid and palatial and the new music room is fab, too!

So apart from all the chaos of rebooting my life at the age of 40, there's also been all of the arrangements/backing tracks for the Sheffield pro panto (Nigel Planer is sitting about two feet away as I type this in the Lyceum green room!), a fraught teaching term, starting another Mister B.'s jazz live lounge in the Lincoln area, numerous other gigs, MD'ing for a new Robbie Wiliiams tribute show (don't ask!) and other general chaos, all would seem to be well.

Rest assured that that Statii are still growling and howling as they should! :)

Drop into the Sheffield Lyceum if you get a moment and say hello - All of the bass playing (both electric and upright is live and all me) and the cello tracks are all played by me, too.

Speak to you all in the new year or before!

Ps., thanks for depping for me with the Brettinator and the human jukebox, Kev_B!

VBR,

Rich - OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='dood' post='1053277' date='Dec 9 2010, 07:59 PM']Ahhh I'm all confuzzed! I've just realised that there is a copy of the thread in Off Topic! Well - OTPJ is such a top guy, he actually deserves two threads at the same time!!!![/quote]
yep, good to see you back here lad.