Why become a member? ×

Hartke 3500a?

tylerlangan

Guest subaudio

Hi Luke, I'm seriously looking at getting one of these and as I have never owned any gear with valves I'm not sure what to expect, and I wanted to be aware of workarounds if a problem occurred at an unfortunate time (as they tend to), so good news about reliability.

[quote name='subaudio' post='14095' date='Jun 8 2007, 11:38 AM']Sorry if this is a really dumb question but, as the Harke has a valve in the preamp, if this blew at a gig would it still be possible to use the amp in solid state mode ?[/quote]

This has happened to me at a rehearsal on my HA5500 which I believe is very similar. It has a separate valve and solid state input control knob.
It still worked perfectly just using the ss preamp but just sounded slightly less "chunky" and was fine until i replaced the valve, which was easy enough.
'

'

[quote name='subaudio' post='14137' date='Jun 8 2007, 12:45 PM']Hi Luke, I'm seriously looking at getting one of these and as I have never owned any gear with valves I'm not sure what to expect, and I wanted to be aware of workarounds if a problem occurred at an unfortunate time (as they tend to), so good news about reliability.[/quote]

go for it they're great amps for the money!

Guest subaudio

[quote name='lonestar' post='14145' date='Jun 8 2007, 12:52 PM']This has happened to me at a rehearsal on my HA5500 which I believe is very similar. It has a separate valve and solid state input control knob.
It still worked perfectly just using the ss preamp but just sounded slightly less "chunky" and was fine until i replaced the valve, which was easy enough.
'
'[/quote]

Hi Lonestar

Thanks very much for that mate, good to know.

Marti