Why become a member? ×

FS 2009 Fender MIA Jazz in oly white/maple

Clarky

I recently bought back this very attractive 2009 MIA Jazz in oly white/tort/maple on BassChat, having been the original owner. Its still in excellent condition (slight swirling on the rear near the string ferrules is the limit of any wear). However, after extensive playing I have come to the conclusion (like Musicman20) that I just don't really get on with maple boards, preferring the warmer feel and look of rosewood.

I would like to trade this with a cash top-up against an American Vintage '62 reissue Jazz in black (edit: or straight swap against a similar condition 2009/10 MIA Jazz in black/rosewood) but as there aren't many of these about, I am also putting this up for sale. It has a decent SKB hard case and case candy but not one of the Fender newer cases (this parted ways on an earlier trade of the bass). Fitted with new DR Sunbeam 45-105s, it plays very nicely (BCer chris_b had a play on it this evening).

I am pricing this at £625. Please note that is less than I paid for the return of the bass only a few weeks ago and so is pretty non-negotiable. I will be at BassBash this weekend if anyone wants me to bring it along. Delivery is obviously extra, with the cost depending on location/service etc (I usually use Interparcel which comes in at about £15 for a bass in a hard case in the UK or £70 for mainland Europe/Scandinavia).

As for pics, there are some on my sig below. However I have a rubbish camera and the best pics are from a previous FS thread - hope it's OK, BB2000? Click on link below for a a decent set of representative pics of the bass.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=95295&hl=Bb2000"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...5&hl=Bb2000[/url]

Here's the best full body picture:
[attachment=64825:P7160262.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

As Jack Bruce would say - it's a bloody good axe!

Lovely neck on this bass, it seemed to me to have a bit more depth front to rear than many jazzes. Very comfy. The case for this went on an Australia and Asia tour with an acquaintance of mine, and ended up having the innards ripped out before being sent back from Japan stuffed full of Manga magazines!