Why become a member? ×

GOD.... I LOVE JAZZ

Bilbo

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DaveFry said:

It is that day of the year again ...

That was very cool indeed. I shall buy the track and use it as the background for a contemplative video using words for a hymn that is sung on it. I am not sure if my Church is ready for it, but we shall find out.

• Like 1

I have been listening to this Al Dimeola for 40 years and he still has the power to astonish. This is 31 years ago, Live at Montreux. His right hand is just unbelievable. I play an Ovation and read though some of his charts regularly. He is an absolute monster. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, lowdown said:

I'm not that keen on the Drummer but, I like the Bassist though, a nice fluent solo.

Afraid I didn't get that far. Glad you're not keen on the drummer as I think you know I don't go around slagging things off. Just didn't get what they were trying to do.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 17/03/2020 at 21:11, Owen said:

That was very cool indeed. I shall buy the track and use it as the background for a contemplative video using words for a hymn that is sung on it. I am not sure if my Church is ready for it, but we shall find out.

Another diamond from from the Miles School of Diamond Polishing that we have since lost .:(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2008 at 14:57, Bilbo said:

I was just listening to a Steve Swallow track called 'Re-Inventing The Wheel' (recorded live at Ronnie Scotts for the cd 'Always Pack Your Uniform On top') and I was overwhelmed by a wave of visceral excitement at the beauty of it. It features an opening cadenza by guitarist Mick Goodrick, a beautifully understated guitarist (now THERE'S two words you'd never expect to see in the same sentence!) and builds with some beautiful playing by Chris Potter (sax) and Barrie Ries (tpt). Adam Nussbaum on drums... gorgeous.

It reminded my of all of the reasons I love music and jazz in particular. Emotionally profoundly satisfying. I listen to jazz a LOT and just LOVE it. There are some beautiful players out there weaving some real magic without a shred of testosterone. Art for Art's sake.

Love it. This stuff deserve passionate advocacy and so I am here to tell you all..
[size=5]
Put the barre chords down and LISTEN!!! [/size]

Just call down !

• 1 month later...

As per the title of the thread, yes, I love Jazz, but sometimes...

This track has such a nice feel. Grooves along beautifully, and then, absolute blooming carnage. Why? It ain't big, and it ain't clever. Grump over for now.