Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

Thanks guys. that's really nice of you to say so!

The Charvel really is the go-to bass. The neck, whilst not as thin as a Jazz, is wonderfully shallow and the Jackson hardware packs a real grunt. I'm pretty much committed to picking up additional copies, if I can find them economically. The Charvel and my two STs are regular players, being Fender-esque without the need to be Fender. I quite like a little rock [i]kitsch[/i] to proceedings.

This is one which has now gone - BC Rich Ironbird, which had some delightful Wizard Area 51 pick-ups in it:

I do quite miss it, but it had the world's worst neck dive.

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='merello' post='1108380' date='Jan 30 2011, 05:55 PM']...I honestly hate you! :)
Throw in a MM maple neck double buck and I'd give up Friday nights with Angelina Jolie for that collection![/quote]

If you bring her round here friday night mate, I'll find that HH for you some how :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1109474' date='Jan 31 2011, 02:21 PM']This thread is... well, GAS-inducing. The Guild is brilliant, if missing some frets; and cd_david, you must tell me what the vaguely Explorer-shaped bass is - second in from the left.[/quote]

Hi Gust0o

Its an Overwater "Original" its a single humbucker passive thru neck all mahogany construction built around 1985 I think?

Cheers

Dave

Here's another

Not such a well known make!! It's been my "project bass" so the wiring inside has changed several times, oh, and it got dropped on it's face a couple of years ago - bloody teenagers!, should never lend them anyhing!?

:-)

Edited by tinyviking

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1117201' date='Feb 5 2011, 11:36 PM']Thanks Mikan, it's a real favourite - very nice player, and a present from my wife :)

Great to see the Widow back, Lorne. It feels like it's been away forever, but it looks great with the chromed edges.[/quote]

Thanks Bro, feels like it's been away forever too, I'm not sure wether I paid the Luthier for the work done to it, or for rent LOL

He now has my Ironbird, sure hope he doesn't have that for 2 years as well !!!!

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1117308' date='Feb 6 2011, 02:51 AM']What you having done to the Ironbird? I can't remember if it's the red or black one you now have - with Grover Titans and the tremolo?[/quote]

The truss rod end is snapped clean off, so the fretboard has to come off to see what is going on, and to replace the rod.If the neck is not savable (it's forward bowing), then the wings will be ripped off it and a new neck made, and a full respray

Here it is in the Flight case I had made for it, and covered in crushed blue velvet, lined by a friend of mine

It has a Kahler and the tuners are Schaller titans :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1118260' date='Feb 6 2011, 08:58 PM']What is it about Ironbird necks?![/quote]

They just hate ME :)

This is the 3rd Ironbird I've had, the first 2 were NJ Bolt ons with twisted necks, so I figured, If I'm gonna pay a fortune for a repair job, I might as well get a busted USA one, hence paying a fortune to buy the one I have :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is NOT mine ... but the pics popped up on Talkbass recently (in the fretless club). I thought it looked absolutely stunning and I thought I'd share it with you guys as you'd appreciate it.

Original post [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/fretless-club-part-2-a-524015/index43.html#post10353841"]here[/url] .

Andy

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1142695' date='Feb 26 2011, 07:22 PM']meet 'The Mistress' - a '98 Ibanez Soundgear 800, made in Japan ...
[attachment=73319:Ibanez.jpg][/quote]
Nice. I've got one of those myself in Jewel Blue. It's for sale if anyone is interested (shameless plug!) :)