Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

Literally just finished putting this back together. When I bought it it was described as in excellent condition. the seller forgot to tell me that he had got his mate to spray paint it from its original natural korina to black, to the extent that he painted everything including the pickups. the pickups are to one side until I figure out how to get the paint off them without damaging them and so that they still look Ok so I have the set from my Thunderbird in there just now.

I couldn't work out the point of 2 volumes a tone and a selector switch so I've just wired it up like a Jazz bass

It sounds pretty amazing so far but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I just can;t see past my Thunderbird.

Edited by Delberthot

I have to borrow a quality camera of my dad. Will do soon. :)
The picture above has been taken with my cell phone.

The following pictures has been taken with the camera of my dad about a year ago. I didn't post them here, because of the white pickguard.

Edited by squire

CD Dave......
[quote name='cd_david' post='1078448' date='Jan 5 2011, 12:18 PM']Bored, post Christmas/January blues prompted pics :)

[/quote]
...I honestly hate you! :)
Throw in a MM maple neck double buck and I'd give up Friday nights with Angelina Jolie for that collection!

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1108541' date='Jan 30 2011, 07:39 PM']Black basses you say? Hmm....

Here's my Kramer Baretta NT, and my Warwick Corvette $$. Both stunning to play, but feel and sound completely different.

[/quote]
The warwick is just beautiful. I'm not sure how much longer I can resist getting one just like it.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1109894' date='Jan 31 2011, 07:22 PM']Right, my own efforts - the photography is a little dull, as muggins here didn't think to charge the camera previously; economising on the flash is never the best idea.

Jackson Kelly KBX:

Lakland Darryl Jones:

Charvel 575 from 1986:

BC Rich Platinum ST:

[/quote]

What a fantastic collection you have there! I'd be more than happy to own any one of those! Borrowed a Lakland DJ4 for ages and loved it, but the Charvel catches my eye the most - Fantastic!