Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

3 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

It looks great, ebony is my all time favourite board, I specified it when I had my Sandberg made 

Couldn't agree more. My Sei bass was the first I had, and I got an Eggle guitar with one,  and it feels great under the fingers, especially on guitar. It's one of those subliminal things that makes playing just that bit nicer. The fact it looks cool is just a bonus. 

Edited by MoonBassAlpha
  • Like 1

The first bass I ever played, an Aria pro II SLB PJ (which actually belonged to my missus) was a lovely black one.

I've very recently re-joined the club with the newest addition to my herd. Not come across this brand before, but I'm completely blown away by it:

Elrick I.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

The first bass I ever played, an Aria pro II SLB PJ (which actually belonged to my missus) was a lovely black one.

I've very recently re-joined the club with the newest addition to my herd. Not come across this brand before, but I'm completely blown away by it:

Elrick I.jpg

Is it an Elrick? What’s the EQ all about? Fantastic looker, that. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Is it an Elrick? What’s the EQ all about? Fantastic looker, that. 

It is, well spotted! Knobs: volume, pup blend, 3 band EQ. Two switches: mids f selector and active/ passive.

It does sound fantastic - maybe I'm still on honeymoon with it, but I've not really been able to put it down since getting it a couple of weeks back. The kicker which, I know you will appreciate, is that it's just 8.4 lbs.

I wouldn't have had the confidence to get one new, but a 2 y/o one at used prices and set up perfectly with upgraded pups and played-in by someone as capable as our own @Sibob was too tempting to resist. Zero regrets in doing so - I'm a convert! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

It is, well spotted! Knobs: volume, pup blend, 3 band EQ. Two switches: mids f selector and active/ passive.

It does sound fantastic - maybe I'm still on honeymoon with it, but I've not really been able to put it down since getting it a couple of weeks back. The kicker which, I know you will appreciate, is that it's just 8.4 lbs.

I wouldn't have had the confidence to get one new, but a 2 y/o one at used prices and set up perfectly with upgraded pups and played-in by someone as capable as our own @Sibob was too tempting to resist. Zero regrets in doing so - I'm a convert! 

Sounds like a winner. I’ve never played one, but always think they look cool. What’s the fretboard? Looks very dark. 

5 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Sounds like a winner. I’ve never played one, but always think they look cool. What’s the fretboard? Looks very dark. 

Ebony fretboard (24 frets) with 3-piece quarter-sawn maple neck. Swamp ash body. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No, but it’s very close. It’s called the Shaggster. Apparently it’s based on the Shuker JJ Burnell signature model but with a tinted neck, EMG Geezer Butler Pickups and Relic finish.

Edited by Velarian
  • Thanks 1

Did a new visual mod to my main Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, using red electrical tape, a few weeks back, looks like this now (did the green electrical tape on the 2 knobs after I shot this photo, and couldn't be bothered to do the shooting and editing all over so I edited in the green knobs on this photo to the best of my abilities using PhotoShop) :

1-A-A-Ibanez-Mirko-Visual-Mod-250521.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...