Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

How I love a slab bodied MM!

I was going by the transfer on the P. Sounds like an ace gigging bass, certainly looks the biscuit.

Two very nice basses, glad to hear you use them.

Just noticed all those other MM bodies on the wall. Quite a collection!

[quote name='cd_david' post='1034096' date='Nov 23 2010, 04:48 PM']It is indeed a pre EB body with a Status neck, but the P is a recent parts build (Jap body, Mighty Mite neck fender hardware and kent armstrong hot vintages) to look like a Roger Waters bass due to my current role in a floyd tribute.

Cheers mate

Dave[/quote]

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1037081' date='Nov 25 2010, 10:37 PM']Black Rick is great, really aggressive looking.

Not really played Ricks, so daft question I'm sure, but what's all the chrome gubbins around the bridge pickup?[/quote]

Chrome gubbins just about sums it up! There's not much point in looking for a reason behind a lot of Rickenbacker's design quirks :)

[quote name='J3ster' post='1032540' date='Nov 22 2010, 01:16 PM']My Wood and Tronics - Complete with my usual 12th fret logo :)

[attachment=64625:Immagine_021.jpg]

[attachment=64624:Immagine_013.jpg][/quote]

That's gorgeous! The only black bass I've ever had was a 78 P. It used to react very strangely to UV light. Should never have got rid. I swapped it for a T-40 which wasn't a bad trade apart from the difference in value. The T is the better basd though.

[quote name='Hrodvitner' post='1050159' date='Dec 7 2010, 07:47 AM']My Lighthouse Basement "Black Beauty"[/quote]
Very cool bass. I like the way there's a contrast between the pickguard and body even though they're the same colour. The builder has pulled off the same trick in white [url="http://www.lighthouse-bass.com/Lighthose_Basses_ENG/Gallery.html#34"]here[/url].

And that's a very cute amp. I want one of those despite the fact I have a more practical (for me) markbass 1x12 combo.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

My Variax:

And my Aria:

Come to think of it my new (to me) Corvette $$ is also black. I didn't plan a collection of black basses, honest!

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'd like to put black strings on my Warwick. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Edited by Jacqueslemac