Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2022 at 21:11, Reggaebass said:

That’s really nice, how do they sound 

Have to admit it's not had a lot of play recently - so just dug it out... it's passive and setup VVT. The EMG Selects are OK, sound is quite tight and solid but not got a huge range of tones. Bottom end is a little thin. Don't think anyone would mistake it for a proper Q series v2 Steinberger. I like it though, it's very light and plays nicely - I like the neck profile - 38mm at the nut but thicker front to back than your average Jazz. I also have one in cherryburst (not for this thread :D) and put EMG HB pickups and EMG BTC System in it - that one rocks and I guess is as close as you're going to get for the money.

• Thanks 1

Black basses, eh?  Its made me realise that I’ve had a few over the years despite it not being a particularly favourite colour.  My current favourite gigging bass is a matt black G&L SB-2 (Tribute) that I swapped over the neck from a Kiloton, as I like maple neck.  The others are a Stingray, I didn’t have that for long, it just didn’t float my boat.  G&L M2000 custom, lovely looker but I sold it.  Yamaha RBXA2 that I modded with carbon fibre vinyl wrap (then sold it). Oh, and a 5-string Sterling Sub that I only bought because I felt I should try a 5 string.  Sold it…  I also have a Hohner B2A stick bass in black that I take to every gig as a spare and have never used.

01.JPG

DSC04323.JPG

IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_6320.JPG

RBXA2.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My beloved Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, with a just 28.6" scale length, the stock pickups ripped out and instead having just a single EMG Geezer Butler P pickup installed, wired directly to the output jack socket, also the stock side mounted barrel type output jack socket has been removed, and instead a regular front mounted jack socket has been installed in one of the redundant pot holes, other than that various visual mods... Without further ado: ...I represent you "Dud Bottomfeeder" ! :

image.thumb.png.66c01c0b5074927bfabd299342a6f770.png

Edit/Update!!!:

One of the knobs now features red electrical tape on top of it, instead of green, so here's a bit more recent, though far from as great, shot, reflecting that change:

image.thumb.png.dafe5b659277adfddfd69cf11223e9a2.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Phase 2 UniVox HiFlier , it was made in the Matsumoku plant in Japan around 72/3. A copy of the Mosrite model the Ventures made famous. The original Mosrite has some design oddities so many feel the UniVox copy is actually a better bass.

I can’t say , but my Flier is very light , and is a great sounding bass. It’s fun to play.

30 in shortscale.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...