Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

After around 3 decades of being in the care of a good friend of mine, I recently got my original ‘77 precision back and it’s just come back from the luthier reunited with its original neck, a new nut and nicely set up. It was originally a maple fretboard which was replaced with fretless ebony board by the Kincade Brothers In the early eighties. 

37FD0A15-4AAC-4051-9837-E87369DB15B4.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Velarian said:

After around 3 decades of being in the care of a good friend of mine, I recently got my original ‘77 precision back and it’s just come back from the luthier reunited with its original neck, a new nut and nicely set up. It was originally a maple fretboard which was replaced with fretless ebony board by the Kincade Brothers In the early eighties. 

37FD0A15-4AAC-4051-9837-E87369DB15B4.jpeg

Gorgeous, mate. Black screws would be the dog's nads on that beauty.

Did I say that right? :D

My Black Highway one Fender P!

Did a few cosmetic mods after I recieved it,as I don't like Badass bridges on a P bass.

I have put on a vintage Grooved bridge for old school deep woody tone (As Leo intended) I also procured a reliced Tort pick guard from a Limelight build, this matches the roadworn Nitro finish it has and is very classy. These are USA basses, but finished and assembled in Mexico. The parts are all USA except the tuners which are the same s you get on standard Mex fenders. I hate cheap tuners, so i bought and added some Hipshot tuners which are very high quality and much more reassuring.

I have toyed with replacing the "Greasebucket" circuit with a Kiagon Loom, but the USA standard pickup sounds fantastic, and I dont mind the fact it doesn't get as boomy with the tone all the way off.

It's getting a lovely amount of roadwear which these basses were designed to do, much cooler to put on your own than the cookie cutter roadworns that superseded these basses. I've also got a lovely set of TI flats, my only gripe is the very white looking neck/headstock but hey ho! It sounds and feels great, is very well made and very very light too 😁

received_482450952815498.jpeg

20200619_160207.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, lee650 said:

My Black Highway one Fender P!

Did a few cosmetic mods after I recieved it,as I don't like Badass bridges on a P bass.

I have put on a vintage Grooved bridge for old school deep woody tone (As Leo intended) I also procured a reliced Tort pick guard from a Limelight build, this matches the roadworn Nitro finish it has and is very classy. These are USA basses, but finished and assembled in Mexico. The parts are all USA except the tuners which are the same s you get on standard Mex fenders. I hate cheap tuners, so i bought and added some Hipshot tuners which are very high quality and much more reassuring.

I have toyed with replacing the "Greasebucket" circuit with a Kiagon Loom, but the USA standard pickup sounds fantastic, and I dont mind the fact it doesn't get as boomy with the tone all the way off.

It's getting a lovely amount of roadwear which these basses were designed to do, much cooler to put on your own than the cookie cutter roadworns that superseded these basses. I've also got a lovely set of TI flats, my only gripe is the very white looking neck/headstock but hey ho! It sounds and feels great, is very well made and very very light too 😁

received_482450952815498.jpeg

20200619_160207.jpg

Love it lee  and fitted with TI flats, it doesn’t get much better 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...