Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

6 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Very nice indeed, but the fan frets are making my eyes wonky....a bit of false perspective going on.

But it's a cool wonky !

Hahaha! Yeah the multiscale fan fret system is amazing though, like wow the strings just feel amazing... unless its a rickenbacker then it always feels amazing xD 

• Haha 1

I’ve given one of my old jazzes a makeover, it’s now got a black headstock with a gold decal, and Ive changed the tort pickguard for a black single ply one , which I think looks so much better, and I quite like the strat knobs so I’ve left them on and  I’ve kept the really well played in flats on  🙂

D8286458-F3AD-4D95-9B40-31DF246A7428.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Bleat said:

This is my Beautiful Black Beast Backup Bass or BBBBB for short.

It's a £99 Artist Guitars P bass copy now fitted with some black hardware and a DiMarzio P pickup. Killer bass for the money too. 

🤘

20201024_110509.jpg

That’s nice Bleat, is that an ebony fingerboard 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bleat said:

No it isn't Ebony. I think they call it an "eco-rosewood", so not sure exactly what it is! It doesn't look a million miles away from my Les Paul which actually is Ebony though! 😎

Thanks 👍It looks great, I really like dark boards, I’ll have a look into these,

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

@metermanThat looks lush!

Thank you! I tried but could not find any black pickup covers to fit the pickups so I had to Sharpie them. I'll spray them black at some point.

I do love how Fender somehow ended up making basses that looked like the slightly wonky MIJ lawsuit era instruments that were trying to copy Fender in the first place. 

17 minutes ago, meterman said:

Thank you! I tried but could not find any black pickup covers to fit the pickups so I had to Sharpie them. I'll spray them black at some point.

I do love how Fender somehow ended up making basses that looked like the slightly wonky MIJ lawsuit era instruments that were trying to copy Fender in the first place. 

I’m selling some bits so I can see about buying Gareth’s other one of those!  I thought the slightly off-white controls and pickup covers would contrast nicely with a black scratchplate.

1 minute ago, Pea Turgh said:

I’m selling some bits so I can see about buying Gareth’s other one of those!  I thought the slightly off-white controls and pickup covers would contrast nicely with a black scratchplate.

I did have the original off-white controls and pickup covers on for 24 hours but changed them out. It is a strong look though.

If the neck had been rosewood I'd have fitted a tort scratchplate. But black / black / maple is fine for me :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

If you do manage to get a Bullet bass then please do the full NBD with pics etc. 👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...