Why become a member? ×

Black basses

EdwardHimself

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple of black ones that I've built:

Brooks EB-PL-Noir. Inspired by the Gibson EB-0, Fender 51 P and Rickenbacker Noir series
34 inch scale

brooks-eb-pl-noir-horiz_orig.jpgbrooks-eb-pl-noir-body2-1500_orig.jpg

Brooks EB-RBL-Q. Transparant black on the quilted maple top. No volume, no tone pot. But ist does have a three way coil selector (single - series - parallel). 34 inch scale
brooks-eb-rbl-q-full4-1500_orig.jpgbrooks-eb-rbl-q-body-angle-2-1500_orig.j

Brooks EB-RBL-Q-II. A sister of the bass above. Only difference is the Volume and Tone pot. (and it doesn't have a zero fret)
brooks-eb-rbl-q-ii_orig.jpgbrooks-eb-rbl-q-ii-bodyangle1500_orig.jp

Brooks EXB-12-Q. 34 inch scale twelve string bass. Quilted maple top. Mahogany body and neck. Built for Rob van der Loo of the band Epica
brooks-exb-12-q-fullperpective1500_orig.
brooks-exb-12-q-controls1500_orig.jpg

Edited by Basvarken
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jus Lukin said:

Excellent work, sir!

I have a dual preamp rig, valve head, multiple cabs, and dual effects set ups; buying the Ric was the last thing I did before becoming technically homeless (it's a long story) so running the full Rick-O-Sound thing has been put on the back burner.

Once the sale goes through on the house we want to buy, I have a side-project to start with two other guys I've been playing with for years, and the Rick-O-Sound is a part of that plan. Ironically, I may need to align myself with a particular brand in future, so would end up splitting a single signal via a crossover or something instead... but I'm waffling.

Great to see someone using Ric-O-Sound as intended!

I have played a normal guitar with a splitter and a drop pedal and played through two rigs before. Splitting the signal is just as good. And you can EQ certain things. The ric-o-sound is definitely a luxury. And not sure how applicable it will be on my live set up. But who knows some day it might be useful. 

Excited to hear this new project of yours though and all the best in your home. 

• 6 months later...