Why become a member? ×

why does no one buy anything on this site

geofio

Eh up, Captain Shoutychops. So you're bellowing at everyone and making huge, inaccurate generalisations about this community because no-one's buying your bass.

I can think of three possible reasons for this scenario, which are as follows:

i) Your bass is rubbish.

ii) You want far too much money for it.

iii) A combination of points i and ii.

Since opening this thread on the subject you have successfully added another reason:

iv) Behaving like a cock.

I hope this has clarified things for you, unfortunately at this point I can offer no advice about how you could possibly rectify this situation, but I strongly suspect that ranting and shouting won't suddenly start being the best approach.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1029002' date='Nov 19 2010, 10:47 AM']iv) Behaving like a cock.[/quote]

Rule #1 for a happy life, don't behave like a cock. Case in point I do my best not to be a cock and have bought and sold lots here and met and had pleasant chat with many people including Clarky, Flanker and the bloke I sold a Graphic Fuzz to whose name I forgot but me, my daughter and him sat in a pub garden in Ealing drinking Strawberry beer.

BTW we are coming out of a recession...

Edit forgt Birdy had coffee with him.

Edited by CS2

I've found Basschat great for buying gear, I would rather trust a fellow bass player on here with good feedback than someone unknown on evilbay! I have so far bought a Fender P bass, a Spector 5 string and a markbass head and korg tuner from people on here and they have all been great quality and great to do business with.

[quote name='Captain Bass' post='1029008' date='Nov 19 2010, 10:52 AM']I have found some great basses on here and sold some too!
It's great selling on here because you know your beloved bass is moving on to a good home![/quote]
+10 for that, not only going to a good home but 9 out of 10 of the items you buy on here, the items are as described, so you know your buying what it says on the tin, I woudnt trust ebay , gumtree and the likes, you dont know what crap your buying, and on a personal note, you wont get ripped off. Yes things on here may be a bit dearer, but there are bargains to be had. I have just sold the bargain of the month, American Peavey T-Max head for £80, and it was paid for and collected in 1 day from when i put the advert on. all told i have bought 6 Basses on here 3 amps, sold and traded 5 basses, and 3 amps,
maybe the stuff your selling TIM is just CRAP, and nobody wants it.
As the Stereophonics would say, "Have a nice day"

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1029062' date='Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM']Where is Geoffrey?

He spouted a little vitriol my way and then disappeared. The Schecter remains unsold!!![/quote]

Leave us Geoffreys out of it if you please! Wasn't he called George? :)

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1029062' date='Nov 19 2010, 11:24 AM']Where is Geoffrey?

He spouted a little vitriol my way and then disappeared. The Schecter remains unsold!!!

Great rhetoric all round guys :) :) :lol:[/quote]
It's a Schecter copy! A real Schecter is worth a good 200 odd quid where as an inferior copy such as "shecter" are not really worth much at all :D