Why become a member? ×

Shuker Updated gallery!!

JMT3781

[quote name='Spoombung' post='1023285' date='Nov 14 2010, 11:49 AM']That's how to do a webpage. Very colourful on a white background.

Never played a Shuker. What are they like?[/quote]

depends what you ask for :)

mines mega comfy, really slim neck and light, so i can play 2 hour set with it and not have to worry about weight. Jons Preamp is good, and the flame top is amazing!

[quote name='Spoombung' post='1023285' date='Nov 14 2010, 11:49 AM']Never played a Shuker. What are they like?[/quote]

Fantastic. The build quality is exceptional - everyone is handmade by Jon. As to spec, Jon will build pretty much whatever you want.

I'm not sure what his current estimated build time is - I think I waited around 9 months for mine, which was pretty quick at the time!

[quote name='simon1964' post='1024780' date='Nov 15 2010, 04:03 PM']Fantastic. The build quality is exceptional - everyone is handmade by Jon. As to spec, Jon will build pretty much whatever you want.

I'm not sure what his current estimated build time is - I think I waited around 9 months for mine, which was pretty quick at the time![/quote]

12 weeks for my first Shuker, a rather fancy 6 string single cut, 12 months for my second one, a comparatively simple 4 string stealth Jazz Bass.
Jon's had a few set backs with flooding (twice I think) amoung other things which have effected his build times over the last couple of years, this kinda stuff creates big set backs when you pretty much do everything yourself, so it can take a while to get back to normal.
Fact is though, the basses are well worth the wait regardless of how long you wait :)

I'm loving that buckeye burl Jazz Bass-esque 4 string on the left hand side of the Bolt-On page, very nice shape...

Eude

Edited by eude

[quote name='simon1964' post='1024780' date='Nov 15 2010, 04:03 PM']Fantastic. The build quality is exceptional[/quote]

Absolutely without a doubt. I think it is safe to say that Jon is up there with the very best Luthiers, but at a price which still has me befuddled! Jon must be doing this for the love of it alone!!

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1025838' date='Nov 16 2010, 01:25 PM']which one is your singlecut mate?[/quote]

It's the Singlecut Custom at the end of the 3rd row,and the first two of row 4. Although it's now refinished in red,and looks far sexier.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1026191' date='Nov 16 2010, 06:33 PM']It's the Singlecut Custom at the end of the 3rd row,and the first two of row 4. Although it's now refinished in red,and looks far sexier.[/quote]

You know you can't say something like that without showing pics mate, forum rules... :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='1026218' date='Nov 16 2010, 06:58 PM']You know you can't say something like that without showing pics mate, forum rules... :)

Eude[/quote]

Oh really? In that case, I should comply too :)