Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Sei Jazz 5 *SOLD*

Gwilym

[quote name='richardd' post='115897' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:01 PM']How about my Valenti jass plus a little bit of the cash Rich[/quote]

hi Richard,
thanks very much for the offer, your Valenti looks sweet, but I'm definitely not after a trade for a 4 stringer or a jazz style bass, so that pretty much rules out a trade. Sorry, I should have put that in my post. :)
All the best
G

Edited by Gwilym

[quote name='funkmunky' post='119499' date='Jan 13 2008, 01:54 PM']I remember seeing and trying this bass when it was on sale at the Gallery not too long ago. Very nice tone and a very comfortable bass![/quote]

Thanks for the comment! Definitely agree with that. In fact I'll see if I can records some sound clips and post them up at some point, not sure if I'll have time to do that today though. it it a very comfortable bass to play, the neck it slim for a fiver, pretty much prefect I think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='funkmunky' post='138140' date='Feb 11 2008, 01:21 PM']Gwil, the bass sounds lovely. Very warm, punchy, woody tone. It seems to record beautifully. Consider this a bump![/quote]

thanks!

and here's another :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='martthebass' post='188442' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:32 PM']Is this how you're gonna spend your fee for the BGM interview?[/quote]

nope, Luke changed his mind and bought Ped's Vigier instead, I believe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bump - seems like the market is a bit slow, so I'll consider trades on this now.

basses wise, 5 stringers only - eg Lakland DJ5, Roscoe Beck 5, G&L L2500. a NS CR5 would also be of interest. amps wise, something lightweight. eg Mark Bass LM, F1 etc or maybe high quality 2x12 or similar. not interested in effects.

cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

• 1 month later...

Just my 2 pence worth.....

I own a Sei Jazz 5, second one I've had, changed from the first one I had as it was a nice natural wood finish and I'm more of a solid colour man (I now own a white Sei Jazz, personal preference) Build quality is superb and they have one of the nicest necks on a 5 I've played, the neck profile and feel was consistant across both Sei's I've owned
This is a passive bass so can't comment on the sound!

At £900 it's bargain, a serious high end bass from probably one of the best luthiers in the UK

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='297230' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:31 AM']Just my 2 pence worth.....

I own a Sei Jazz 5, second one I've had, changed from the first one I had as it was a nice natural wood finish and I'm more of a solid colour man (I now own a white Sei Jazz, personal preference) Build quality is superb and they have one of the nicest necks on a 5 I've played, the neck profile and feel was consistant across both Sei's I've owned
This is a passive bass so can't comment on the sound!

At £900 it's bargain, a serious high end bass from probably one of the best luthiers in the UK

Tony[/quote]

thanks Tony, it's a nice bass for sure, I spent some time playing it over the weekend, and I've decided to keep it. :)

thanks to everyone else for the positive comments posted too!

cheers
Gwil