Why become a member? ×

Ray 35 Mint Sold Sold Sold

absolutpepper

Black on Black RAY 35 with Gig Bag. Near mint condition. Previously had it on as a feeler for £500 which was a bit of an over-estimation on my part. Following break up of band i'm not currently gigging so having a bit of a stock clearout!

Lets say [s]£400[/s] £390 posted. £380 collection.

Would prefer collection from Glasgow but id be willing to post within UK.

Bass Sold. Thanks all for interest.

Edited by absolutpepper

I know it's not the done thing to openly talk to one about their own pricing, however since it's a "feeler" ...

Ray34s have shown up, and a good one with a nordstand m4.2 in it went for around £380, and the bass alone RRP is around 600.
Ray35s RRP at 640 at the least so if I guesstimate it you would be looking at offers of around £400.

At the end of the day it comes down to what some one is willing to pay for it.

Good luck.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1018319' date='Nov 10 2010, 03:28 AM']I know it's not the done thing to openly talk to one about their own pricing, however since it's a "feeler" ...

Ray34s have shown up, and a good one with a nordstand m4.2 in it went for around £380, and the bass alone RRP is around 600.
Ray35s RRP at 640 at the least so if I guesstimate it you would be looking at offers of around £400.

At the end of the day it comes down to what some one is willing to pay for it.

Good luck.[/quote]

No worries at all, its only a feeler and since these never come up I didnt really know how to price it. For £400 i'd certainly keep it but the point of the post was partly to work out if people were interested and what the 'going rate' might be. Lets call it a guide shall we.

It's uto you what you want to price it as. I haven't seen a secondhand ray35 before.
I guess I was just illustrating that you should expect offers a lot lower than expected.

As always here it's a waiting game sometimes, my jag bass has been for sale for a few months and no takers so far and it took me 6 months to sell a combo amp here. Slower than eBay but then again you are sort of garunteed a good price without paying any charges.

• 1 month later...

IMHO this is an absolute steal at £380!! I have one and it is the best 5 string i have ever played, I love it! ......Half the price of a second hand Stingray 5 but certainly not half the bass! :)

Good luck with the sale. :)

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='1086538' date='Jan 12 2011, 11:46 AM']Hi Mark, its still for sale. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

Dude i'm beyond interested, just can't shift my LTD yet.
I hope i can get it gone before this goes!

unless you fancy a swap with some cash your way?

[quote name='Markff' post='1086542' date='Jan 12 2011, 11:49 AM']Dude i'm beyond interested, just can't shift my LTD yet.
I hope i can get it gone before this goes!

unless you fancy a swap with some cash your way?[/quote]

Hi, sorry, major gear clearout at the moment so sale only. If you shift the LTD give me a shout.

Chris

Hi Geoff, thanks for the reply but its really a big gear clearout for me. Thats a great amp system though so good luck with the sale.

Hi iam, i'm afraid its really only available for domestic UK shipping. I've never really done the international thing and would prefer to avoid the risk of damage, etc.

Thanks

Chris

From experience, if you haven't got a flight case or some really robust packaging, international shipping can cause some sleepless nights; not that Royal Mail are any less likely to stand the thing with the weight on the neck, or drop it down some stairs :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1089234' date='Jan 14 2011, 12:43 PM']From experience, if you haven't got a flight case or some really robust packaging, international shipping can cause some sleepless nights; not that Royal Mail are any less likely to stand the thing with the weight on the neck, or drop it down some stairs :)[/quote]

Exactly, I think the hassle of shipping internationally is not really worth it and I am sure that there will be someone UK based who would be happy to take it.