Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Tuco

billphreets

• 2 weeks later...

No sign of Tuco from me either. It may well be that he has fallen on hard times in which case I hope he manages to turn things around - some things in life obviously matter a lot more than bass pedals(!) and I certainly wouldn't wish further ill on him if he has.

However clearly a BE CAREFUL warning when dealing with Tuco to all our fellow BCers until he gets things sorted and delivers on the promises he's made to @joegarcia and me.

@ped @charic Mods - what action are you taking to ensure that our fellow BCer's are protected in the meantime?

I've put him on Post Approval (so anything he posts will have to be approved by us first) and sent him a rather to-the-point email regarding his actions from this point onwards. Unless he sorts you out @joegarcia he won't be coming back here again, and I'll co-operate with the Police should you like to get in touch with them about it. Contact detail wise, I have an email address and home address which may help the Police if necessary. Feel free to message me and I can pass these on to the relevant authority.

On 10/02/2018 at 12:46, ped said:

I've put him on Post Approval (so anything he posts will have to be approved by us first) and sent him a rather to-the-point email regarding his actions from this point onwards. Unless he sorts you out @joegarcia he won't be coming back here again, and I'll co-operate with the Police should you like to get in touch with them about it. Contact detail wise, I have an email address and home address which may help the Police if necessary. Feel free to message me and I can pass these on to the relevant authority.

Ped - thanks very much for doing that, appreciated and hopefully this will be the end of it in terms of BCers losing out.

If he has fallen on hard times, then I certainly don't want to make things any worse for him by involving the Police at this stage. I'll put it down to experience and maybe start using normal PayPal (not 'friends or family' except when they are actually friends or family!) more often as I think you moderators encourage us to.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 12:46, ped said:

Thanks Ped, can I have his email please? Still haven't heard anything from him..

• 3 weeks later...

@joegarcia recently managed to track Tuco's band down and was put in touch with his band leader who freely offered to sort this out for Tuco.

I messaged Tuco and had a text back from him apologising to me and everyone on BC and giving me some further detail of his circumstances, and he said his band mate would be sorting everything out for him.

I've never been one for kicking someone when they're going through a hard time and, given Tuco's prior exemplary feedback before the start of this year, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (as per my posts above in Feb).

The paid for pedal duly arrived this morning. I'm guessing that Joe Garcia's has also arrived or will do shortly. From my perspective mods @ped and @charic everything's good and whilst it would make sense for folk to tread carefully with Tuco, I kinda feel it's time to let by-gones be by-gones and to welcome him back to the community.