Why become a member? ×

SOLD

TDL

This is a Pre Fender All Valve preamp SWR Redhead. It sounds great and is in good condition. It is also capable of running in 2 ohms with an extension cabinet. £375 or PX for a 5 string bass. Thanks

[attachment=63266:Picture_012.jpg]

[attachment=63267:Picture_013.jpg]

Edited by TDL

[quote name='TDL' post='1015361' date='Nov 7 2010, 03:45 PM']This is a Pre Fender All Valve SWR Redhead. It sounds great and is in good condition. It is also capable of running in 2 ohms with an extension cabinet. £375 or PX for a 5 string bass. Thanks

[attachment=63266:Picture_012.jpg]

[attachment=63267:Picture_013.jpg][/quote]
I think I'm right in saying that the preamp contains one valve and the power amp is solid state. Can you confirm please? Is everything working well on the amp? Does this one have the front panel that clips off?

These were the BD's a few years back..will surely do someone a sterling job, IMO.

Just out of interest I'd like to know what speakers were put in...but understand as I am not a buyer as I have my little rig, that it may not be the place for this.

Older SWR is very well made stuff from the U.S and I place a premium on this...for whatever reason, and my amp guy agrees. I haven't been so knocked out with the newer stuff but then the market has moved on as well.

I'd never sell my SM400 which is nigh on 20 years old.
There was a time when I would have loved this but with mini 12" cabs I have that base covered, which is why I am not biting your arm off.

• 3 weeks later...

I drooled over one of these when they first arrived at Corner Music in Nashvegas....
Would still love one if I could afford it.
Mind you I guess it sorta depends on what the replacement speakers are, too.

I seem to remember them being around $1200 when they first hit the streets.

Nice amp bump bump

Edited by ivansc

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1046013' date='Dec 3 2010, 09:24 AM']i'd be happy to build you a 5 string for the amp + £150 or so, depending on what specs you're looking for.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but the combo is now sold pending payment.