Why become a member? ×

1983 Fender Jazz Bass 100% original w/ OHSC

Shrigg

£950 ONO shipped, paypal gift payment preferred.

This bass is all original with excellent player wear! Bridge, pickups, pots, scratchplate, all in great form with appropriate age/patina. Brilliant punchy tone comes out of these Fullerton Smith-era pickups!! Also worth noting are the fibre pickup bobbins: one red, one black! Original 1983 Fender HSC included with the sale. The bass is located in the USA.

Thanks for looking!

Kind Regards,
Darren

Edited by Shrigg

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1028544' date='Nov 18 2010, 09:55 PM']Is this an american traditional series bass? The trad series use the i piece pickguard / control plate set up.[/quote]

No, this is the bass that the American Tradional series (mid-late 90s MIM, ironically enough) were copies of

C

That's right, Fender used the one-piece pickguard in 83 and 84 only, a great option for those who aren't so fond of the metal control plate Jazz Bass look.

Also, wanted to comment on this neck: This one is a very thin profile, not quite as thin as the Geddy but close. It's a great, very fast neck!!

man learn every day! never seen such a pickguard for jazz. bump from me,as that's a great looking bass. i also have p bass from '83, one of the finest i ever touched. good luck! (hint: the price is still bit step for today market)

I have one of these 83 Jazz Basses in Ivory. It has a maple fingerboard and I have it strung with flatwounds. It's a superb-sounding bass -especially with the bridge pick up favoured - and plays beautifully. Mine has had a chrome cover fitted but I managed to get the original one-piece pickguard so it could be restored to it's original look. There's a small section in the book "The Fender Bass" by Black and Molinaro on the 83 Jazz and also in another book of the same title by Klaus Blasquiz.

Best of luck with the sale. Someone will get a future classic for not a lot of money.

Cheers
Pete