Why become a member? ×

Ideas to stop my amp falling off my cab

dave_bass5

Guys
Im going to get a LMII within the next few days and im worried that being so light it will fall off my cab.
My SA450 bounces around but i have put it back in the MB case that has Velcro on it and that will stop it moving
but i really don't like these bags so i wont get one for the LMII. I also don't like using Velcro as it messes up the cab covering.
I don't use a rack as all i have is the amp and my wireless receiver.
so, any ideas how to keep the amp in place that doesn't involve nailing it down.
Even my UL115 moves around on stage. bloody lightweight gear;-)

Cheers.

try:

or

Sorry that's not really very helpful!! I've always resorted to taping DI boxes onto my amp to stop them falling off, although I was none to precious about my rig - cosmetically anyway.

Why don't you rackmount the new head when you get it which should add a bit of extra mass and stop it bouncing around?

Well the first reply didnt dissapoint. i was expecting a nail gun at least. Cheers.
Im not too precious about the cab but i found that with my MB bag for my SA450 the velcro wears out the covering quite quickly
so wanted to avoid sticking anything to the cab.
One of the reasons i gotmy GK head was because its heavier and that also helps the cab stay put.
I guess i might get a small rack case for it but it seems a shame as the LMII is so small and i dont have anything esle to go in it.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='10955' date='Jun 2 2007, 11:01 AM']Why don't you like the MB bags - I have my LMII in one and find it to be a great answer to you problem, puls a good transportation solution too. My wireless can sit on top of it and voila![/quote]

I have brought this up before but unlike the small MB bag the large one has vents in it at either end. this is to allow the amp to be used in the bag but it also lets in rain etc so for me its no good. when its on my back the vents are pointing up and offers no protection from the elements. I have my SA450 in a small ruck sack and i can get all i need in to as well.
But as i said in my first post i would rather not Velcro anything to the cab. Saying that, i have just realised that ill be using the LMII with my 1210 and i dont get the vibration that i do with the lighter cabs so maybe i wont need a case anyway.

Thanks

[quote name='mhuk' post='10981' date='Jun 2 2007, 11:56 AM']Bungee cord (through the cab handles and over the top)?[/quote]

Another good idea.
Actually i just tried that and yes, it works although i need to get a black one as mine is lime green

Wilkinsons do a black rubber matting that can be cut to any size, I think it was developed to stop thingsa from sliding on trays etc. I use it with a gaffer tape roll to stop my drink from falling off, but I'm sure it'll work with an Amp.

I've just come back from Maplins and they're selling rubber mats for sticking on top of car dashboards to stop things sliding around. You could get one or more of those. They're about the size of half a sheet of A4 paper.

They've also got [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217606&criteria=slip%20mat&doy=2m6"]these[/url]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='11087' date='Jun 2 2007, 04:50 PM']I've just come back from Maplins and they're selling rubber mats for sticking on top of car dashboards to stop things sliding around. You could get one or more of those. They're about the size of half a sheet of A4 paper.

They've also got [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217606&criteria=slip%20mat&doy=2m6"]these[/url]

[/quote]

+1 for the grip mat. I use one of these on my work bench when routing etc and I can assure you that they are amazing and nothing slips around on one of those. Suggest you try one under the cab and one under the amp. That should keep the little light weight buggers from shuffling around. :)

Thansk guys
Ill get one of those matts during the week.
Now all i need to do is get the LMII.
TheBass Centre said they can get one in quick but i fell for that one last time and missed a gig.
Might go to the gallery on Monday, they are dearer but at least its in stock.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='11291' date='Jun 3 2007, 07:35 AM']You could always ask Alex if they'd match the Bass Centre's price?[/quote]

+1 for that!

Before I purchased my MB heads I shopped about and The Gallery said they would match The BC price absolutely no qualms...

I informed The BC of this and they said they'd undercut The Gallery, Oh what a jolly time we had trying to get to a final price!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='11308' date='Jun 3 2007, 09:44 AM']+1 for that!

Before I purchased my MB heads I shopped about and The Gallery said they would match The BC price absolutely no qualms...

I informed The BC of this and they said they'd undercut The Gallery, Oh what a jolly time we had trying to get to a final price![/quote]

I have spoken to Alex but he wont match the BC. He has come down a bit though and i think ill go over there tomorrow as it would be handy to have it this coming weekend. Im just reluctant to spend almost as much on the LMII as my SA450 cost.

As for my amps moving. I dont have this problem with my 1210 cab as its quite heavy but when i use either of the UL cabs the SA450 moves so much that i have to move it back in to place almost after every song. That was one of the reasons i got the GK. Not had a problem with that. I guess i might start using the MB bag for my SA450 but recently i have been using a rucksack to transport it and all my gear in. I only want to carry one bag as normally ill have a suit bag and my bass so the rucksack is better than the MB bag. The small MB bag wont hold all my gear though. If i get the matt then im sure i wont need the MB bag.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='10995' date='Jun 2 2007, 12:28 PM']Another good idea.
Actually i just tried that and yes, it works although i need to get a black one as mine is lime green[/quote]

I use a green one on my Trace...
Goes nicely with the green mouse fur covering and green lettering!