Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender Jaguar Bass, Olympic White sold pending payment

Prime_BASS

Here is my 1 Year old Olympic White Fender MIJ Jaguar bass.
Ive owned it from new since november last year.

It's in a good condition but suffers from around 3 bumps, one is deep and on the front but no more than a few millimeters wide. There is zero buckle rash as I made a point to not wear a belt when I played it, there is some grazings on the bottom wear it's been stood on too many hard wood floors.

Since I've had it I've added fender custom shop alnico 60s pickups, a far greater pickup compared to the ceramic ones it had, a black pickguard (will send it out with the original tortoise shell aswell) and a black plastic surround underneath the neckplate.

Will provide better pictures on request.

Posted its yours for £420 with insurance. Or you can collect for £400. price includes both pickguards, dimarzio cliplock strap, original strap buttons, and of you want a very ripped fender gig bag.
That's £300 of the RRP and £240 of what they usual sell for brand new.

Trades: Id rather sell but I'm open to a few things at the moment.
Barefaced Midget straight trade.
Markbass F1 straight trade.
Other than those I'd like cash sale as the money would go towards my new bass order.

[attachment=63032:IMG_1256.JPG]
[attachment=63033:IMG_1257.JPG]
[attachment=63034:IMG_1259.JPG]
[attachment=63035:IMG_1260.JPG]
[attachment=63036:IMG_1261.JPG]

Edited by Prime_BASS

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1025399' date='Nov 16 2010, 01:15 AM']Bump.

It's just a plastic "holder" that fits around the neckplate on the back, doesn't do anything other than provide a black contrast against the White body and chrome neck plate.[/quote]

I thought that's what you said! :)

hi would you be interested in a straight swap for a washburn ab40
[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1011864' date='Nov 4 2010, 11:46 AM']Here is my 1 Year old Olympic White Fender MIJ Jaguar bass.
Ive owned it from new since november last year.

It's in a good condition but suffers from around 3 bumps, one is deep and on the front but no more than a few millimeters wide. There is zero buckle rash as I made a point to not wear a belt when I played it, there is some grazings on the bottom wear it's been stood on too many hard wood floors.

Since I've had it I've added fender custom shop alnico 60s pickups, a far greater pickup compared to the ceramic ones it had, a black pickguard (will send it out with the original tortoise shell aswell) and a black plastic surround underneath the neckplate.

Will provide better pictures on request.

Posted its yours for £450 with insurance. Or you can collect for £430. price includes both pickguards, dimarzio cliplock strap, original strap buttons, and of you want a very ripped fender gig bag.

Trades: Id rather sell but I'm open to a few things at the moment.
White Stingray 5 cash your way
White Stingray 4 cash your way
Barefaced Midget cash my way

[attachment=63032:IMG_1256.JPG]
[attachment=63033:IMG_1257.JPG]
[attachment=63034:IMG_1259.JPG]
[attachment=63035:IMG_1260.JPG]
[attachment=63036:IMG_1261.JPG][/quote]

The more I play it the more I like the sound (again) but it's the slim neck and small body that's causing me most trouble.

A few pros have custom jaguars, one of kylie minogue's female bass players has a purple one, and a Japanese fellow has a custom shop one with some wierd decals and without a on/off switch for the active preamp, it's just on all the time.

With some DR strings you can coax some Marcus miller tone out of it but the preamp could us an upgrade.

Still £400 is a steal for this bass.
Body is nice an resonant, the neck feels ace, and it's basic passive tone is very clear and full.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1035899' date='Nov 25 2010, 09:03 AM']Nottingham, daybrook, just off mansfield road.

Had a lot of interest, a few saying theyll take it but nothing confirmed yet.

The price will not be going any lower, but as it stands it's already £250 at least of the price of it new, the pickups cost just over £100 new and my dad (a general engineer for 25 years) helpedme install them.

Just stuck some freshly boiled strings on it, and it sounds even better than it did. Marcus miller tone with out the price.[/quote]

i am extreamly interested. i'll be in leicester in about 2 weeks, so i could come over then to pick it up. unless that would be too late?

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1047515' date='Dec 4 2010, 04:33 PM']Sold pending payment.[/quote]

well done in the sale Stephen. The fella who got this is surely getting a well setup bass. I love mine to bits, however even im starting to consider swapping/selling mine as im hankering for a 51R.....damn gas

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1047683' date='Dec 4 2010, 07:18 PM']well done in the sale Stephen. The fella who got this is surely getting a well setup bass. I love mine to bits, however even im starting to consider swapping/selling mine as im hankering for a 51R.....damn gas[/quote]

NEIN NEIN!!

you cannot sell zis Jaguar! we will hunt you down

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1047683' date='Dec 4 2010, 07:18 PM']well done in the sale Stephen. The fella who got this is surely getting a well setup bass. I love mine to bits, however even im starting to consider swapping/selling mine as im hankering for a 51R.....damn gas[/quote]

I'm not getting my hopes up as payment still not been recieved.

Also I'm pretty positive the used price will go up after I sell it as they are discontinued and I can't seem to find them anywhere, one I did find was priced at £825!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1049108' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:12 AM']I'm not getting my hopes up as payment still not been recieved.

Also I'm pretty positive the used price will go up after I sell it as they are discontinued and I can't seem to find them anywhere, one I did find was priced at £825!!!!!!!![/quote]

If payment isn't recieved, I will 100% take it. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1049143' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:50 AM']Man that was a cheap price...Im shocked it didnt go before.

I think its just a sign of the times...for the next year im going to try not sell anything[/quote]

damn tootin G... that really is alot of bass for the money thats asked.