Why become a member? ×

What's better?

bassboy115

Im looking at getting a cab for my new head and was wondering what you guys would recommend...

I am looking at:
Hartke 4.5XL or
Peavey 4x10 TVX

I would be using it with a Hartke Ha3500 head and i just wanted to know what youn think would match the head better or if youve had any experience with either cab.

Cheers
Alex

I've never used a Hartke cab but I do have the Peavey 410 TVX and it's been absolutely great for me. I use it with a Gallien Krueger 700 RB head and play 5 string basses through it and it delivers a really good sound - very punchy, extended bottom end that delivers on the low 'B' and good tops.. Excellent value for money!

I'm sure the Hartke is good too but have yet to try one personally.

I gigged with a Hartke 4x10 XL cab and I had the Peavey TVX cab you mention a few years before that - IMHO, the Hartke is a much better cab.

It never once let me down, very clean sounding, very articulate and can do singing highs and thumping lows. The ONLY reason I sold mine last month was to get a more lightweight solution - but I guess weight isnt an issue here as the Peavey and Hartke Cabs are about the same weight from what I recall.

There is also something magic about the 3500 head with the XL cabs - they just seem to "fit" if you know what I mean - funnily enough, I had a full Hartke stack for many years and never ever ever found myself wanting for more sound wise.