Why become a member? ×

Dirt pedal with 2 effects...

pantherairsoft

[quote name='harvey1-8' post='1011314' date='Nov 3 2010, 08:36 PM']Seems a bit obvious but the Fulltone Bass Drive and the T-Rex Bass Juice both have OD and boost operated by separate foot switches. Might not be what you're after though.[/quote]

I was under the impression that the 'boost' on these was volume rather than a gain/fuzzy boost? Or did I misunderstand that? The Fulltone would be my first choice if it's what I'm after...

How about a DHA VT-2 Twin? I've got a Dual-Bass and I love it for two-stage dirt.

They're new on Ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DHA-VT2-Twin-2-channel-tube-O-D-guitar-bass-versions-/310260958516?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item483cfe8534"]HERE[/url] or they come up fairly regularly on Basschat (and go quickly too!).

Dan

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1011326' date='Nov 3 2010, 08:44 PM']I was under the impression that the 'boost' on these was volume rather than a gain/fuzzy boost? Or did I misunderstand that? The Fulltone would be my first choice if it's what I'm after...[/quote]

I've had both in the past, if I remember correctly they're both a gain boost (don't quote me on that). Try one if you can, I'm after a Fulltone again at some point (should never had sold mine). If you get one and it's not what you're after then they always sell well.

[quote name='harvey1-8' post='1011411' date='Nov 3 2010, 09:55 PM']I've had both in the past, if I remember correctly they're both a gain boost (don't quote me on that). Try one if you can, I'm after a Fulltone again at some point (should never had sold mine). If you get one and it's not what you're after then they always sell well.[/quote]

i've not tried the newer bassdrives, mine is from circa 2003 (no switches, and you pull the volume control up to remove the compression). in the comp-cut mode, the second footswitch is purely a volume boost, but in the standard setting (with compression), the second boost footswitch just adds more gain and dirt... i don't like how they sound through solid state amps, mine always a bit too tubescreamer-ey / fizzy for me, but through a valve amp it sounds awesome.

Ive got a newer fulltone (the version before the mosfet) .

The second switch can be used as a gain/fuzz boost when the boost dial is played around with. This can be used pretty well on guitar too.

It can be used as a volume boost if used in comp-cut mode as mentioned above, and the volume boost is massive (but this is only in comp-cut mode).

I have a Fulltone Bass Drive Mosfet i'm willing to part with. Give me a PM if you're interested. Bear in mind i'm in Portugal so P&P would be in order though.

Appart from that this pedal is awesome. The boost switch is only controlled by the "boost" knob but it adds a very substancial amount of distortion to the sound along with some increase in volume. I'm only selling mine because i just use one setting without the boost switch for a nice warm drive so i'm ordering a DIY clone from a friend with only the part of the circuit i need and a smaller footprint.

Cheers

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1012155' date='Nov 4 2010, 03:11 PM']I think I'm likely to go down the multi-effect route now by the looks of things (see separate thread), as among the other sounds I need, I'd be able to dial in 2 dirt tones easy.[/quote]
What dirt sounds are you after do you have examples? You should get in touch with someone building you two effects into one box.

Cheers for the suggestions guys... Also to those of you that have PM'd memento suggestions etc...

I have opted to go for 2 single pedals as together they take up about as much space as all double pedals do. I have stuck with my Devi Ever Soda Meiser for one tone (plus the glitch setting is awesome), and added an old fav', the Tech 21 XXL... They are different enough to work great together and the sounds just seemed to excel to me over the twin options.

Cheers again guys...

Shep