Why become a member? ×

"Fender" Precision Neck F/S WITHDRAWN

obviously NOT a Fender neck, but great for a project bass, the decal is perfect and perfectly applied, you would be hard pressed to make it out to be not original. It is what it is or more likely what it isn't. Some light play marks on rear of neck.

[s]£60 neck only

£75 Neck, tuners, tree, neck plate and screws.[/s]

[u][b]NOW £65 for the lot[/b][/u]

Shipping £5. Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1008552' date='Nov 1 2010, 02:15 PM']If it's not a Fender then what is it and isn't it a little confusing to list it as one?[/quote]I'm not confused Gareth the information supplied is quite clear IMO, the "F" mentioned is just to draw peeps who may be doing a Fender project's attention to the ad and nothing more sinister than that. Peace :)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1008559' date='Nov 1 2010, 02:21 PM']I'm not confused Gareth the information supplied is quite clear IMO, the "F" mentioned is just to draw peeps who may be doing a Fender project's attention to the ad and nothing more sinister than that. Peace :)[/quote]

Relax, I wasn't suggesting anything sinister - but the ad title says 'Fender Precision Neck F/S' and it's isn't. Not suggesting you're confused either - rather that's it's confusing to list it as one thing when it's not. I was getting all set to look at a Fender neck to buy and then I see it's not - that's the confusing part.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1008565' date='Nov 1 2010, 02:26 PM']Relax, I wasn't suggesting anything sinister - but the ad title says 'Fender Precision Neck F/S' and it's isn't. Not suggesting you're confused either - rather that's it's confusing to list it as one thing when it's not. I was getting all set to look at a Fender neck to buy and then I see it's not - that's the confusing part.[/quote]
I'm relaxed, and title altered to avoid some confusion! :)

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='1009651' date='Nov 2 2010, 02:55 PM']Hi can you tell us what this neck is originally from?[/quote]a v nice pbass copy, of which i still have the body. nice neck, the decal is indistinguishable from a real Fender so great for a fender project or the like.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1009657' date='Nov 2 2010, 02:58 PM']a v nice pbass copy, of which i still have the body. nice neck, the decal is indistinguishable from a real Fender so great for a fender project or the like.[/quote]
I don't think there will be a single member of this forum who can't work out that this non-fender P neck came off a Pbass copy. If you were more up front about it's full origins I'm sure it will sell in a flash. As it stands it looks like you are being evasive by not answering the questions directly... and people would only question why someone would be that unhelpful.

My 2p. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1015358' date='Nov 7 2010, 03:43 PM']I don't think there will be a single member of this forum who can't work out that this non-fender P neck came off a Pbass copy. If you were more up front about it's full origins I'm sure it will sell in a flash. As it stands it looks like you are being evasive by not answering the questions directly... and people would only question why someone would be that unhelpful.

My 2p. :)[/quote] errrrr I say this is "NOT a Fender", I say this is a "Pbass copy" how can that be evasive, I'd rather you kept your 2p to yourself thankyou.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1015422' date='Nov 7 2010, 04:53 PM']errrrr I say this is "NOT a Fender", I say this is a "Pbass copy" how can that be evasive, I'd rather you kept your 2p to yourself thankyou.[/quote]

Here's my 2p

There's a million P-Bass copies out there ranging from £40 upwards. It's reasonable to ask which bass this came from.

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1015428' date='Nov 7 2010, 04:58 PM']Here's my 2p

There's a million P-Bass copies out there ranging from £40 upwards. It's reasonable to ask which bass this came from.[/quote]
It is what it is in the pictures there is no name on it other than the fake F decal, It's a copy.

Any way i"m withdrawing it, I'm certainly not gonna be harassed over a few quid neck, whose worry is it any way if it doesn't sell? certainly no one's but mine.

WITHDRAWN

Edited by phsycoandy

Just wanted to say that I've had dealings with Andy this week and found him most helpful.
Answered all my pm'd questions. Posted the items when he said he would and kept me updated all along.

Don't wish to get involved in any slanging, just letting you know that my experience with him was good and I will be happy to deal with him again.

Although i thought it obvious, the picture i posted was just a bit of fun, and certainly not intended to cause offence.

My apologies to the OP if it has upset him in any way, just a bit of fun on an otherwise disastrously dull Sunday evening.

[quote name='Kev' post='1015737' date='Nov 7 2010, 09:20 PM']Although i thought it obvious, the picture i posted was just a bit of fun, and certainly not intended to cause offence.

My apologies to the OP if it has upset him in any way, just a bit of fun on an otherwise disastrously dull Sunday evening.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean. My Mrs is watching "Downton Abbey" so I am encouraging my 2 year old daughter to make fart noises through her big brothers cyberman helmet.

I don't think anyone can moan at a project neck with tuners for £60 odd quid though?

What exactly is going on here?? Seriously guys. If you're bored go and do something interesting. If you have any problems with each other DO IT VIA PM.. if there's a problem with the price of a good or service, DISCUSS IT VIA PM - DO NOT air ya laundry on the forum.

Now - go and play nicely whilst I lock this thread.