Why become a member? ×

Moog Ring Modulator & odd feedback.

pantherairsoft

Hi guys,

I am experiencing the sound of my ring modulator very quietly in the background when it's switched off!?

The effect works perfectly. When th pedal is engaged and the strings are muted it's silent, no issues at all. When I disengage the effect and stop playing you can hear the effect very feintly in the background. Whilst not playing, turn the pedal on again and the background noise goes.

I'm wondering if I'm getting some kind of bleedthrough of sound? Any one have any idea what could cause this? It's not 'major' issue, the background noise isn't 'loud' but I can hear it and it shouldn't be there

Shep

Agreed dude. I don't always notice it, and in fact if the frequency knob is below 50-60% it isn't audible either. I use an expression pedal on the freq' control and I it's in heel position or close you can't hear it.

I wondered if it was interfering with another pedal causing it but it seems not. It's slightly more audiable through my HD350 than it is through my Fafner as well which is odd. On the Fafner you really have to hunt for the sound to find it.

Odd :)

I'll give the insulation idea a try!